Newcastle United 1 - 0 Man United - 11/02/18 - Post-match jubilation from pg22

Dave

Was a really tense last 10 minutes or so, but we were well worth the win in my opinion.

So happy with the result, should really give the team some confidence for the next few games. If we can build on this, and Slimani makes an impact after the week's break, I really hope we pull away from the bottom of the table and give all our hearts a little rest.

Diame, Shelvey were excellent in the middle. Dubravka had a game to remember, Lascelles and Lejuene were great at the back. The rest put in solid shifts, and everyone just seemed to want it more than they did.

The crowd sounded amazing today as well. Great lift for everyone, I'm sure. Was a great lift for me after a shitty week.

Absolutely love Rafa, and I hope he gets what he deserves from his Newcastle project.

It was a great atmosphere like. Players like Shelvey and Dubravka were getting cheered for tackles and taking out crosses, and at the end every block and clearance was getting one as well.

Great result. Jose summed it up nicely in his post match.

Worth remembering that the cost of that Man U team could probably buy our club!

Jose loves us thanks to SBR.

Very good performance and deserved(Just about) win. Diame carried on being a colossus. Stillpkeased we have a two week gap. Get Kenedy fully fit, Slimani in and I think we'll  be fine.

I hate this thing of people just taking isolated moments or some selected stats to decide someone was shit. Already seen loads of stuff online of Sanchez apparently being shit today. He was their best player by a mile ffs. Was terrified every time he got the ball

Oh aye and a special mention for the Man Utd fans.....all they wanted to do was wind up the oppositions fans. It's as if they have given up on their team and thats all they have left. Man Utd ? League of Accents more like!

Poor Valencia being tricked by the ball - he was so unlucky that he kicked Atsu in the face.

It was the bounce man, not his fault

Doesn’t matter if there is a bounce or not, that foot is extremely high and dangerous. At the time of it happening it looked like he made no attempt to get the ball. It was more of an assault than a poor challenge. If he wasn’t playing Man Utd then he’d be sitting out for the next 3 games. How retrospective can’t be taken because of that.

Some of that bbc commentary was abysmal.

Don't care. Todays ref was good (even given we should have had a penalty). Lots of Diame's legitimate challenges would have been free kicks with other refs.

Aye - superb refereeing for allowing a few legitimate tackles to not be fouls, but missing an obvious penalty and red card which would have benefited us even further. I wish all referees were this good.

If Shelvey could play like that for the remainder of the season he’d have a chance for the England squad.

Easily his best game for us. Where did that even come from?

Knows he has to pick his tackles now as he’ll always be liable to get booked for any 50/50 situation he goes into. Madness that it’s taken him this long to figure that out.

Guest firetotheworks

As good as he was on the ball, it's the way that he was aggressive enough without it being over the top that impressed me. For a player like him, especially with the reputation he has, the fineline between not enough and red card is tiny. He got it absolutely spot on.

Well he has Diame now impersonating William Carvalho so that will give him the freedom to get on the ball a bit more.

I’d still love to see Merino in the team but at who’s expense?

Playing off the striker.

Murphy\Ritchie.    Diame.        Shelvey.    Kennedy

.                                  Merino

.                                  Slimani