Newcastle United vs Huddersfield Town - 31/03/18 @ 15:00 - No TV

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye if Southampton was a must win, this is a must not lose. If we play the same way with the same intensity and work rate we should be fine. They struggle in front of goal and to close games out. Their manager seems to have the knack over Rafa though. Crowd will be important, I can’t see this being a high scoring game, 1-0 either way or 1-1. Win this though and safety is within touching distance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39086346

Still lost two to them though and I was mainly referring to how he seems to be able to deal with Raf’s system/tactics etc.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm missing proper football now. I think I dislike international breaks more than just having no football on tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

The match we lost this season we were horrendous all over, it was more indicative of our s*** stock form, imo. We had chances we didn't take

I watched that match in Barcelona and we were awful and they weren’t very good either, although they did pass the ball about well. I find them similar to us really, lack of goals, solid, disciplined and organised enough with a bright manager tactically. Obviously Rafa is a much better manager and that’s why I think we have or should have the edge.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm missing proper football now. I think I dislike international breaks more than just having no football on tbh.

Aye same here, we play 5-a-side every Tuesday and normally after the match when we have a pint on the sports bar it’s all talk of Nufc and the footy from the weekend, fuck all last night. Boring.

Guest Howaythetoon

I actually reckon these will go on to be relegated if we beat them. Nothing would please me more than seeing them, Stoke and al pards going down in the same season.

I’d much rather West Ham go down than this lot.

Same here. I don’t get the hate for Huddersfield or their manager, he has done a great job and I’d far rather see them stay up than WH.

Same here. I don’t get the hate for Huddersfield or their manager, he has done a great job and I’d far rather see them stay up than WH.

His numerous digs about us and Rafa last season is my reasoning!

Pretty f***ing stupid putting fa cup weekend the week before an international break. Three weeks without a game man, we're only just half way through it.

Think it would be even worse if we'd lost against Southampton. Don't think I'd visit the Football section for the whole 3 weeks

Guest firetotheworks

Pretty f***ing stupid putting fa cup weekend the week before an international break. Three weeks without a game man, we're only just half way through it.

Think it would be even worse if we'd lost against Southampton. Don't think I'd visit the Football section for the whole 3 weeks

Spare a thought for Crumpy and Chris Babalooba at this troubling time.

Babalooba hasn’t been out from under his bridge for a while now.

Guest neesy111

Babalooba hasn’t been out from under his bridge for a while now.

Forgot what a fruit loop he was.

Would have quite liked to see Huddersfield survive, UNTIL they did what they did with their academy.

Acadamies require a huge financial outlay for most clubs and it is an easy,  soft option just to do away with them and then pick up the rejects from other club's. All clubs, especially those on the PL gravy train, should be obliged to put resources into youth development and academies which become an integral part of the local community, as is the case with Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough.