The Top10ometer™ (2022/23)

Kaizero

The Top10ometer™ (+ Top10ometer™ for Dummies)  

147 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top 10? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2. 2. Will we finish top 10?

Arsenal is going to be a good test I reckon. We competed well against Man U, West Ham & Chelsea who are around them. Only really Spurs who’ve battered us and I still put that down to them just having unreal quality in the final third. 

City & Liverpool are on a different level to everyone in Europe imo.

All of a sudden it looks like a decent points tally will be required to stay up. I thought we we’re safe when we reached 34 points, think Leeds are massively in the shit at this point. My feeling is both Everton and Burnley will survive, if Leeds get beat at Palace tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Arsenal is going to be a good test I reckon. We competed well against Man U, West Ham & Chelsea who are around them. Only really Spurs who’ve battered us and I still put that down to them just having unreal quality in the final third. 

City & Liverpool are on a different level to everyone in Europe imo.

Arsenal and Spurs are not at that level, but they still have more quality in key areas to ensure they will be above us next season as it stands. If we can add 3-4 genuine class players in the summer though, that could all change.

On 29/04/2022 at 07:21, toontownman said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10759297/The-Premier-League-NINE-clubs-playing-European-competitions-season.html

So if that all played out and we somehow managed to stay in 9th could we be in Europe next season :bluestar:

No. The premise of nine teams depends on West Ham and Leicester finishing outside the top seven.

• 3 months later...

Gone for an 8 in the likeliness. See us in the group outside the top 6 looking at the last Europa spots. As it stands, West Ham, Leicester, Wolves, US maybe Palace in that group. 

Be interesting to see what Wolves and Leicester (and US I suppose) do with the rest of the window as they've been more stagnant than us in the Summer.

Based on strength of opposition, plus home and away variation, I reckon this is how a top ten kind of season progresses:

End of August 5 points.

End of Sep 11 points.

End of Oct 21 points.

End of Dec 26 points.

End of Jan 30 points.

End of Feb 36 points.

End of Mar 40 points.

End of Apr 49 points.

End of May 54 points.

(10th had 51 points last year;  59 in 2020-21: 54 2019-20).

On track for? 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Reckon we should have a new poll, including 6th to 12th.

Personally, i think we are in a battle with;

West Ham - who could make a serious push for top 6 if things go right, I'd argue they have a stronger squad than Man Utd and are certainly in a better place. West Ham, I'm really impressed with, they have made some great signings and if we finish above them we've had an amazing season.

Leicester- who I project to have a slump season. They still have quality players but the vibe around the club isn't right. As it stands, I fancy us to finish above them but if they were to sack Rodgers and get renewed impetus they could move back up the table.

Villa- who have the squad to compete for top 8 but not the manager IMO. Finishing below a Gerrard managed Villa would be a real disappointment.

Other outsiders; Palace, Brighton, Wolves. If any of these sides finish above us something has gone wrong.

I don't see us surpassing Man Utd, not with them having a new manager. He should get them on enough decent runs that means they aren't catchable for us.

IMO, we will finish in 7th, 8th or 9th. I'd plump for 8th but we are a funny club when we have momentum. 9th if we take a few injuries and Leicester find some rhythm.

Edited by STM

52 minutes ago, madras said:

Gone for an 8 in the likeliness. See us in the group outside the top 6 looking at the last Europa spots. As it stands, West Ham, Leicester, Wolves, US maybe Palace in that group. 

Be interesting to see what Wolves and Leicester (and US I suppose) do with the rest of the window as they've been more stagnant than us in the Summer.

Sorry Brummie, I forgot Villa, you're in that group as well