The Top10ometer™ (2022/23)

Kaizero

The Top10ometer™ (+ Top10ometer™ for Dummies)  

147 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top 10? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2. 2. Will we finish top 10?

• 1 year later...
34 minutes ago, LV said:

14/1 for us to finish top half 

Those sounds tasty odds to me. Realistically, it means finishing about Brighton, Villa, and Southampton, assuming Leicester wake up/win games in hand. Or two of those plus Leicester.

Our average of (seasonal form) and (last eight games) is 1.44 points per game, which would take us up to 44. That should be good enough for 11th or 12th. We've also got 19pts off our last 12 games, which if extended would get us to 46 points. Callum Wilson said the other day he'll be back for a "good chunk of games". Add goals to what our midfield and defence are doing and we'll win games.

36 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We aren’t finishing top half, and I’d be surprised if we finish higher than we are.

We’re 8 points behind Brighton with a game in hand, and we play Brighton at home next. As long as we’re in form and win that, it’s a realistic if fanciful goal to aim for.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

We’re 8 points behind Brighton with a game in hand, and we play Brighton at home next. As long as we’re in form and win that, it’s a realistic if fanciful goal to aim for.

I just think with the games we have left and the points gap, assuming other teams also win a fair share of games then it will be too much.

I think another 12 points will be enough to keep us up and I think that is a reasonable target with our fixtures left, I also think that it could give us a fairly decent finishing position.

Mid-table is so hard to predict because many teams are on the beach in April and May. Eddie's boys won't be, because every one of them (except Bruno and Trippier) are playing for their futures at this club. Every match is an opportunity to show why the club don't need to buy megastars.

Not saying it's likely, but far from impossible.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We’ve been beating the clubs just above us recently to get to where we are now. In the next 5 games we’ve got the 3 clubs between 9-11th. I’d like to think we’re aiming high.

Couldn't agree more, there's nothing immediately above us in the table that should scare us. They're decent teams obviously but so are we now, no reason why we can't wade into them and mix things up a little, we shouldn't be looking behind us any longer, aim for those just above us and see what happens. 

We're also go to lose the odd game eventually too and I'll be interested to see how they cope with that. Hope it doesn't knock them too much but the reaction when it happens well help Howe to see what they're made of. 

• 2 weeks later...