Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

It's the latest in a long line of the off-the-shelf, pre-packaged, plug-and-play anti-newcastle banter they love so much. See also "1992ers", "that might just be the saddest thing I've ever seen", all deciding to crow about "9-1" and of course the legendary "gravy-stained horse-punchers." It's all good for them as long as it's a simple soundbite that doesn't involve any wit or thought and can just be thrown out in any situation.

Guest Howaythetoon

I won’t knock their true element of support that stopped going even though I don’t think they have the size of fan base to fill whatever their stadium capacity is even if they were doing well, not consistently anyway, like Man City.

But if you are an owner and spending hundreds of millions and trying to give your fans something they’ve never quite had since black and white telly, regular top-flight footy and Mag slayings, only to be rewarded by so many empty pink seats that not even the doling out our thousands of of free tickets can boost, then it must be pretty demoralising.

I think it’s that what drove short becoming an absent landlord basically more than anything else, that no matter what, he was never going to get the city and people behind the club to make it all worthwhile.

If the fans were not willing to spend their own money supporting their own club, why the fuck should he.

I guarantee in years to come his ownership will be considered the halcyon days and had they did as he did, put their money into their own club, he would have had reason to keep going and trying to make it work and succeed.

Alas, it’s sunderland, all the money in the world wouldn’t be able to disguise or hide the reality of what they are as a club, as people, as a city and always will be which is a total irrelevance to the outside world. Their entire purpose in life using their football club as a vehicle to justify their existence is based on what we do or don’t do, how we fare or don’t fare and whatever little victory no matter how trivial or small they can try and gain over us to get one over in their crazy and irrelevant quest to matter to us and others.

They can’t even be happy with 6 in a row, they need a horse puncher, shop shouters, gravy stains and all other manner of things that in their small minds make them feel better about themselves and their lot in life.

They really are an odd bunch :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Smacks again of someone massively naive, even with good intentions. A recipe for disaster. He’s come from the environment of a non league club to a recent PL club and is seemingly running it in the same vein he would if it were Eastleigh. It’s a different world and if you can’t make the step up you will get found out quickly and that’s what will happen with this and looks to be happening right now even sooner that anticipated. Even if his intentions were honest and with reason, you can’t just sack a player or lay off staff. You can’t modernise a stadium by replacing some seats either or reconnect fans with their club by having them replacing seats for you. You can’t appoint an unknown manager and expect him to be some magic wand who will magically make League One disappear and pull out a rabbit in the Championship.

If I were a mackem, I’d consider his ownership thus far as small time as the club he owned before them and his actions to date of that level. He’s out of his depth and again even with good honest intentions, won’t succeed if this is how he goes about fixing the mess that is Sunderland and their situation.

More harm than good will come from the Don and his sidekick. Keep pulling on that wool fellas... :lol:

Rochdale at home in Div 3  :lol: :lol:

What a run of fixtures they've had. Fleetwood Town (H), Burton Albion (A), Rochdale (H)  :lol:

you missed oxford and wimbledon..................picking up not many points.

i see the usual suspects old reiver and janey are out in force slagging off anything newcastle related this morning, desperate for us to go down  :lol:

those two really need to stop thinking about us day in day out  :coolsmiley:

Smacks again of someone massively naive, even with good intentions. A recipe for disaster. He’s come from the environment of a non league club to a recent PL club and is seemingly running it in the same vein he would if it were Eastleigh. It’s a different world and if you can’t make the step up you will get found out quickly and that’s what will happen with this and looks to be happening right now even sooner that anticipated. Even if his intentions were honest and with reason, you can’t just sack a player or lay off staff. You can’t modernise a stadium by replacing some seats either or reconnect fans with their club by having them replacing seats for you. You can’t appoint an unknown manager and expect him to be some magic wand who will magically make League One disappear and pull out a rabbit in the Championship.

If I were a mackem, I’d consider his ownership thus far as small time as the club he owned before them and his actions to date of that level. He’s out of his depth and again even with good honest intentions, won’t succeed if this is how he goes about fixing the mess that is Sunderland and their situation.

More harm than good will come from the Don and his sidekick. Keep pulling on that wool fellas... :lol:

But they are small time. Always have been and his mentality fits them perfectly. I do though think that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. His small time attitude will stabilise the club and possibly move it forward, but they’ll never be a premier league outfit under him, but I don’t think that’s his ambition, he wants to stop the rot, get them competing in the championship and hope the crowds sell the potential of the club to another buyer. He’ll make a small fortune off them considering what he paid.

Rochdale at home in Div 3  :lol: :lol:

What a run of fixtures they've had. Fleetwood Town (H), Burton Albion (A), Rochdale (H)  :lol:

you missed oxford and wimbledon..................picking up not many points.

i see the usual suspects old reiver and janey are out in force slagging off anything newcastle related this morning, desperate for us to go down  :lol:

those two really need to stop thinking about us day in day out  :coolsmiley:

Their manager was on total sport the other night, I was listening, and decided to take a look at rtg to see what they thought of what he was saying- the thread they were all posting in while he was on air was the Newcastle thread. :lol:

But they are small time. Always have been and his mentality fits them perfectly. I do though think that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. His small time attitude will stabilise the club and possibly move it forward, but they’ll never be a premier league outfit under him, but I don’t think that’s his ambition, he wants to stop the rot, get them competing in the championship and hope the crowds sell the potential of the club to another buyer. He’ll make a small fortune off them considering what he paid.

they must go up this season or the money may just run out  :naughty: :naughty:

Sunderland v ROCHDALE. That's right ROCHDALE. Have a little snigger every time I hear it mentioned on tele/radio. This is an actual league fixture ?.

Fleetwood was better  :naughty: