Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest firetotheworks

that keegan/1992 thing is such a weird carry on like, i wonder if they know that people are born in different years and that?

:lol:

Or that people live in and around Newcastle and/or have relatives that make sure they support a certain team. They go on like we're populated almost entirely by sons and daughters from Washington and Durham, who defied their mothers and fathers to support Newcastle on the day that Keegan took over. No one born before or after, no one actually from Newcastle or its surrounding areas. All of them stayed because they're plastics...despite us winning fuck all and getting relegated twice. PLASTICS :lol:

that keegan/1992 thing is such a weird carry on like, i wonder if they know that people are born in different years and that?

it's bizarre, i mean if you were 6/7/8 years old or whatever when the keegan era kicked off and were brought up in the vicinity of newcastle more than likely you'd have got right into the toon...i mean that's the very nature and basis of supporting football teams really

had we never gone up and took off but they did their little reid period a lot of kids would have naturally gravitated to them i'm sure (which obvs happened anyway)....we then had the SBR time which was also good

they act like every adult just suddenly decided to switch allegiances from another club in 1992 :lol:

dumb as rocks

Can we rejig the song we sang at home to Rotherham if they don't make it through the Play-Offs?

"We've been to Rotterdam or anywhere,

Liverpool and Rome.

Now Sunderland's playing Rotherham,

Rotherham at home"

:lol: mint.

I don't know about you's like lads (and lasses) but I'm fucking sick of those 2013ers. Weren't even from Sunderland they were from Durham and were from Toon families until they started winning derbies. Fucking turncoat scum. #SMB

Guest covmag

i think thats about as much pisstake as i can be bothered, all about us now, fuck them, they are now nothing.  O0

i think thats about as much pisstake as i can be bothered, all about us now, fuck them, they are now nothing.  O0

I genuinely don't think I'll give a fuck about them next season at all. It's only been this last 2/3 weeks or so that I've started laughing at them because I was more bothered about what we were doing. After the win vs Huddersfield it kinda changed cause I knew we'd be safe.

Can we rejig the song we sang at home to Rotherham if they don't make it through the Play-Offs?

"We've been to Rotterdam or anywhere,

Liverpool and Rome.

Now Sunderland's playing Rotherham,

Rotherham at home"

I like it

it's bizarre, i mean if you were 6/7/8 years old or whatever when the keegan era kicked off and were brought up in the vicinity of newcastle more than likely you'd have got right into the toon...i mean that's the very nature and basis of supporting football teams really

had we never gone up and took off but they did their little reid period a lot of kids would have naturally gravitated to them i'm sure (which obvs happened anyway)....we then had the SBR time which was also good

they act like every adult just suddenly decided to switch allegiances from another club in 1992 :lol:

dumb as rocks

It's really weird crack as well from a club that found an additional 20k of fans out of nowhere in 1997, yet who are now nowhere to be seen. Pretty much the dictionary definition of gloryhunters.

This comment:

https://discussion.theguardian.com/comment-permalink/114992722

On this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/apr/22/sunderland-feckless-relegation-has-been-coming-at-least-we-now-have-a-parrot?CMP=share_btn_link

Is awesome!

Blimey, I didn't fully comprehend how devastating the effects of relegation were on the denizens of Wearside........and your budgie dying.......dearie me, oh dear oh dear.....dreadful, awful....horrifying.

I feel really bad and broken up inside, I feel like crying.

But now for a slightly different angle on this 'bantering' club of good old lads and lasses.

Known paedophile player, hidden and protected by at least one club officer and their manager, merely to help prevent a relegation, two seasons earlier. The paedophile's goal celebration, mocking the death of innocent air passengers, does not bear any kind of scutiny. Margaret Byrne got a good bung though, which is nice.....

Poznans

Planes with banners

Banners inflaming hatred suspended from closest rival's iconic bridge

Bedshheet slogans e.g. 'Rafa beneath us' (admittedly witty), 'Wank Mags' (so, so) 'Fuck off Mag scum' (not so much)

Fascist saluting manager

Team captain and fellow "player", smashing up cars to the tune of £4000+ in Stowell Street Newcastle, after a bout of recuperative drinking in The Toon

Same player/captain (Cattermole) universally banned from every pub and club in Yarm (inability to hold his beer, mouth, temper)

Happpy fans 'banter' about Demba Ba's "exploding" lips, NUFC's "Coon Army", Liam Jones, a nice lad from Hendon, "Monkey Dancing" at Romelu Lukaku, after he scores a goal at the stadium of shite. Chairman Bob Murray 'glassed by a sunderland fan whilst having dinner with his wife in a restaurant. Smearing faeces on the walls of the toilets in St. James' Park and on the wlls of the metro trains and stations, behaviour, not out of the ordinary for travelling sunderland fans (esp. for derbies). Coins, batteries and bottles of piss raining down onto Newcastle fans in the Family Enclosures at St. James' fathers, mothers and children).

Titus Bramble and brother

Niklaus Bendtner

Djibrill Cisse

John Oster.......

their loveliness goes on and on...

I fully expect the makems to fall out of the football leagues, go into liquidation and cease to exist. Leeds United, Portsmouth and other disasters were merely the support acts for this one.

Sunderland are DOOMED.

Still, the old "six in a row"* should cheer you a bit, up as you plummet towards obscurity and wait for Nissan to change their minds, eh?

*"six in a row" refers to the number of fans per row of seating, at the stadium of shite, this season.

Goodbye

To be fair not sure the commenter has read the article, he's hardly celebrating the 'banterific' team, he even brings up the fan shitting on his seat and a story about a friends 7 year old coming to his first game there and giving up and leaving half way through  :lol: