Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Parachute payments will surely go towards servicing debt and towards operating costs anyway? I think they are fucked. If they don’t start next season we’ll, they could implode.

Double edged sword though isn't it. Their income is going to dwindle away until it's basically just attendance and sponsorship. The cost of buying players good enough to climb back up the leagues will continue to rise over the next few years too.

:aww: :aww: :aww:

Parachute payments will surely go towards servicing debt and towards operating costs anyway? I think they are fucked. If they don’t start next season we’ll, they could implode.

SBC’s loan is secured against the PP. it’s gone as soon as it comes in.

Belter how they're on the telly against Fulham an'all.

Wonder how many will show up for their lap of honour against Wolves.

They ran straight down the tunnel at the final whistle, bar maybe 2 or 3 of the older players. Cowardly really, they don’t want to be there.

But they have big contracts which they probably won’t get elsewhere. The club is fucked. There’s no way this same or similar group of players is going to suddenly become cohesive.

Worst case scenario is that Short abandons them. They go into administration and get a points deduction. They could well do a Leeds on it.

How many years now since they played in the PL?

They're going to have to have one helluva rebuild, too. This is their squad:

Screen_Shot_2018-04-22_at_11.12.43.png

No idea if the four currently out on loan have contracts up this summer but they have to find a way to get rid, given the wages they'll be on - either releasing them or accepting whatever the fuck they're offered. Rodwell's also milking them dry.

They'll be paying Oviedo, Clattermole, O'Shea, McGeady and Kone a pretty penny too.

On top of that, I can't see the likes of Jones, McNair, LuaLua, McManaman, Watmore, Maja and Asoro fancying sticking around for League One football either.

SBC’s loan is secured against the PP. it’s gone as soon as it comes in.

It's still turnover though which means it'll inflate their salary cap above the other L1 teams whether they keep it, spend it, pay off debts or whatever.

Terrible season after terrible season with piss poor managment, poor recruitment,  poor decision making at board level and living well beyond  their means.  Not once did they attempt to restructure their club for the long term.

Now they are being forced into this by two succesive relegations and not a single dime to do it with.

If fans wont turn up for free games (free tickets) in the prem then certainly wont pitch up for free games in the third tier.

A brilliant example of how not to run a modern football club with more money than ever kicking around the game. 

Didn't really fully appreciate yesterday's proceedings, but when you look back on them in the cold light of day, sober, it's absolutely incredible stuff........if only they'd made a film/documentary about the whole thing.

Didn't really fully appreciate yesterday's proceedings, but when you look back on them in the cold light of day, sober, it's absolutely incredible stuff........if only they'd made a film/documentary about the whole thing.

i wonder if they've allowed netflix carte blanche to show whatever they like :lol:

i wonder if they've allowed netflix carte blanche to show whatever they like :lol:

If Netflix throw them a few more £££ I'm sure Sunderland couldn't say no to that :lol: Like a cheap prostitute.

If Netflix throw them a few more £££ I'm sure Sunderland couldn't say no to that :lol: Like a cheap prostitute.

awww man, when's it airing?  so good

For an extra fiver ill suck ya dog off.

They're going to have to have one helluva rebuild, too. This is their squad:

Screen_Shot_2018-04-22_at_11.12.43.png

No idea if the four currently out on loan have contracts up this summer but they have to find a way to get rid, given the wages they'll be on - either releasing them or accepting whatever the fuck they're offered. Rodwell's also milking them dry.

They'll be paying Oviedo, Clattermole, O'Shea, McGeady and Kone a pretty penny too.

On top of that, I can't see the likes of Jones, McNair, LuaLua, McManaman, Watmore, Maja and Asoro fancying sticking around for League One football either.

I'm sure talk at the time was that a fee of £8m had been agreed for N'Dong at the end of the season, and he would be going.

6 players on loan themselves... but I'm sure Lua Lua was also only on loan?

The rumour is now relegation is official and as short can't give the club away due to the massive amount of debt they will enter administration. They are hoping to take a 10 point deduction for this season while clearing the decks for league one.