Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Didn’t realise they’ll be paying for cats beyond his contract...which ends next summer. Thought they’d settled with him, turns out it was to pay the same amount but over a longer term. Imagine still paying for him in 2023  :lol:

Didn’t realise they’ll be paying for cats beyond his contract...which ends next summer. Thought they’d settled with him, turns out it was to pay the same amount but over a longer term. Imagine still paying for him in 2023  :lol:

That will be well deserved to in the eyes of all them massive lads fans. A white hatchet man who hates the mags shoold receive his full salary for life marra

Guest Howaythetoon

As much as they as a football club get on my nerves at times I dont want them to go bust.  After all they are a local football team that has strong links to its community.  We've had it awful under Ashley with a total disconnect from our community and city.  Can you image what it would do to the city of Sunderland if they folded?

It would do them a favour to be fair. Remove that giant chip on their shoulder and the place would be a lot less angry, bitter and depressed all the time. Even if it would still resemble chickentown

I don’t agree.

The fans who have a bitterness already won’t be helped by their club going bust.

The North East needs to look past this obsession that for Newcastle to succeed Sunderland needs to fail and vice versa.

Having a city in our region that has no real levels of a reasonable economy does not help us. We needs Sunderland as well as other areas of the region to be more prosperous. Having a city full of people living in area with no facilities, no opportunities, and even losing their football club isn’t going to make any of them less bitter. It isn’t going to help them either.

I want the best for the North East. Its my region and I want it to be as strong as possible. I certainly wouldn't wish on any area of it to be even worse off or levelled, because with what is happening now its a possibility and lives will be destroyed.

It's sad people can't separate a football rivalry from real life. Same dickheads wishing Nissan to go bust not realising the impact will reach all across the North East.

:thup: fellas

Guest Carrick18

As much as they as a football club get on my nerves at times I dont want them to go bust.  After all they are a local football team that has strong links to its community.  We've had it awful under Ashley with a total disconnect from our community and city.  Can you image what it would do to the city of Sunderland if they folded?

It would do them a favour to be fair. Remove that giant chip on their shoulder and the place would be a lot less angry, bitter and depressed all the time. Even if it would still resemble chickentown

I don’t agree.

The fans who have a bitterness already won’t be helped by their club going bust.

The North East needs to look past this obsession that for Newcastle to succeed Sunderland needs to fail and vice versa.

Having a city in our region that has no real levels of a reasonable economy does not help us. We needs Sunderland as well as other areas of the region to be more prosperous. Having a city full of people living in area with no facilities, no opportunities, and even losing their football club isn’t going to make any of them less bitter. It isn’t going to help them either.

I want the best for the North East. Its my region and I want it to be as strong as possible. I certainly wouldn't wish on any area of it to be even worse off or levelled, because with what is happening now its a possibility and lives will be destroyed.

It's sad people can't separate a football rivalry from real life. Same dickheads wishing Nissan to go bust not realising the impact will reach all across the North East.

This.

I want to win every derby going from U18s upwards, but I'd far rather we were fighting it out at the top of the league than two divisions apart.

These people who'd want Sunderlsnd fighting it out with us at the top of the league I just dont get. I'd be quite content seeing them scrap it out with South Shields in the national league at Filtrona

Reckon the first thing to go will be their academy.  After that they'll sell off the big stadium they can't afford and move into some 15-20k cowshed.

It'll take a few years but they'll reach their level.

They already despise South Shields as a place and club on RTG so would be a canny rivalry.

Seeing a local non league club doing well, of course, made their blood boil.

These people who'd want Sunderlsnd fighting it out with us at the top of the league I just dont get. I'd be quite content seeing them scrap it out with South Shields in the national league at Filtrona

:thup:

Never seen the point of Sunderland really, the whole place just looks like a mistake. Can't think of anywhere that brings the north east down more.

That will be well deserved to in the eyes of all them massive lads fans. A white hatchet man who hates the mags shoold receive his full salary for life marra

Discos brother, welcome.

Guest godzilla

Totally agree fuck them

This happening while we're on the verge of a takeover :lol:

If we do become a side fighting to make the CL/win trophies every season I'd be fine with them being a yo-yo club so we could beat them every few years. Largely, though, I want them to stay where they are forever.

Reckon the first thing to go will be their academy.  After that they'll sell off the big stadium they can't afford and move into some 15-20k cowshed.

Where are they going to get the money from to build a 20k stadium?

Where would they get money for the land, and where is the land for them to build one in anyway?

Guest Howaythetoon

Reckon the first thing to go will be their academy.

I fucking hope not and I’m pretty sure it won’t mind. If it does, that’s the death knell of SAFC as that’s their prized asset and the one thing the club has been successful in, Pickford and Henderson and the Maja to some extent alone generated over 50m from their sales.

I know a lot of people at their academy now and they are great people and it’s more than just some football factory, it’s a community hub that links young coaches, often volunteers, talented kids, students doing their badges, sports science etc. with work places and also older fans who do the security, work in the canteen, do scouting, cut the grass and just come and support the academy by coming to watch academy teams play to their city, their area, their club and the game itself for talented kids.

It would be a huge mistake and have a devastating effect on the club’s future if they were to sell it off.

It doesn’t look good for them though, admin is a real possibility without revenue from match day.

I do hope football, our game, turns a screw and realises without paying fans, the game has no business at all and needs fans the most and not tv money, sponsors or rich owners because without fans, there’s nothing. Just player registrations, leases or freeholds, copyrights and trademarks, memberships to the FA/EFL and some title deeds.

I’ve been informed not to expect their academy opening up any time soon other than to the first-team and reserves/development teams maybe upto and beyond 2021.

I’m NUFC, a Geordie, I don’t hate sunderland, but I don’t like them and I don’t like their city or Mackems in general who are like a breed apart and not a nice breed either, but losing their academy, their club going under, would be more devastating to them and that region and the game than Nissan closing or Covid-19 itself. It would effect our club too, whatever rivalry we have, it’s a historical one and real in a false sport where many rivalries are made up or diluted and turned into brands, marketing campaigns and money making schemes.

There is nothing better as a fan than your team beating the other lot. The atmopshere when we beat them 5-1 around the whole city was something special not felt in a long time and it was special because it resonated with everyone of us as Geordies, as a city, it meant more than about footy. On derby day people who couldn’t care less about footy want us to beat them, old people who couldn’t name a single player want us to beat them. People who don’t go to games want us to beat them. Geordies all over the world tune in so to speak and want to beat that lot. Same on the other side of the Tyne.

Back to their academy.  My own son is devastated he can’t go and train there and misses it badly, and it’s the likes of my son who will suffer the most if they sold their academy off or ended their programmes because they couldn’t afford to run them, and of course all those coaches, those volunteers, those up and coming talent in sports science, fitness, medicine, diet and nutrition and others who get work experience there or get taught there.

We all deserve a club we can be proud of, that tries, that our kids dream of playing for, that represent our community and not business and no-one deserves their club being fucked over by bad owners, not NUFC, not SAFC, not Coventry or Man Utd.

The fact that happens and we get screwed the most and nothing gets done about it, is where all of us can certainly be united in wanting what’s best for our clubs and that’s surviving, having strong academies, and serving their communities in the name of sport.

I wouldn’t wish Ashley for example on anyone, no club deserves such a cunt of an owner or the misfortunes the likes of him take out on our clubs, it’s fans, it’s towns and cities and regions and it’s followers.

HTT[/member] the academy isn't viable in their current situation. It's holding them back. They have a lot of pride in it but its a noose around their neck and until someone has the balls and mothballs it then it will continue to bleed them dry (something in the region of the entire league one transfer budget per year or a terrace chant - game changer if they had that every season to put back in to the playing staff)

That NUFC offer still open for the bairn? If so get him moved.

Guest Carrick18

The academy going will be a gigantic blow, and one I can't see them avoiding on their current trajectory.

They're hugely fortunate to have maintained Category One status, but the required investment far outweighs the fees they're getting from being cherry-picked. They'll see some small, long-term, benefit if the players go on to have careers in the game, but even if they all become established Premier League players they most they'll be entitled to is £1.5m. I'd hope they've agreed good % clauses on this Hugill lad, although I somehow doubt it.