Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I still remember when they went down to the Championship they thought they were going to walk it because "If the Mags can do it, then it's easy and we'll smash their points total."

pub league marra :lol:

I still remember when they went down to the Championship they thought they were going to walk it because "If the Mags can do it, then it's easy and we'll smash their points total."

"If we were playing Rotherham and Burton Albion week in, week out, we'd be top of the league as well"

To be fair they should. Not sure exactly what happened as never took that much interest but was something along the lines of they were in serious debt and needed to sell big time which no one other than those at the club would have known. Funny as fk though.

To be fair they should. Not sure exactly what happened as never took that much interest but was something along the lines of they were in serious debt and needed to sell big time which no one other than those at the club would have known. Funny as fk though.

Their annual revival masked how poor their squad was. The only players with any half decent quality were either there on loan, or sold.

I remember when they bought Defoe saying that he would keep them up single handedly for 2-3 years as he’s underrated and that good of a finisher. He did exactly that.

When they went down they were left with only the shit players, the players who’s ability was disguised by the ability of those on loan and sold. There is a reason why they weren’t able to shift a load of their players, and it’s not because of the money or wages. The sport is awash of money, with clubs willingly playing over the odds for average players. They don’t though pay for that bad of a player.

Just want to.ask. How did they view and regard Martin Bain? Was he someone they hated?

Very much so but i think that was pretty understandable tbf.

What was the main reason? Where did it start to go bad for him with the fans? I mean the Netflix flick just shows a glimpse of what he was like but it ran deeper didn't it?

Bain was to blame (because they have to blame someone).  Short gets a lot of the blame too, but next one down from him is Bain, so he is target #2.

I love how the "club" is entirely blameless for anything during their relegation(s).  Its all the fault of Short, Bain, The Don, Charlie Meths but the club itself is blameless.

Just want to.ask. How did they view and regard Martin Bain? Was he someone they hated?

What was the main reason? Where did it start to go bad for him with the fans? I mean the Netflix flick just shows a glimpse of what he was like but it ran deeper didn't it?

Don't think he was ever seen in public with a FTM badge on, so was distrusted from day one.

I was just thinking about how they go against everyone they could simply because things weren't going right fir them. That is when I was trying to figure out where was the point Bain started taking stick from them. Can understand now after the explanations. Thanks.

He asset stripped for Short from the off and was the public face of the club ownership when he was there.

He asset stripped for Short from the off and was the public face of the club ownership when he was there.

Sorted his bad back out a treat though :thup: