Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Carrick18

I don't imagine so. They may go into administration, at that point I'd assume that the lenders on the loan would assume control?

I don't imagine so. They may go into administration, at that point I'd assume that the lenders on the loan would assume control?

It depends. No one knows for sure if the whole Sunderland holding company gets handed over due to any default in payments, or just the stadium and academy.

Can you imagine being one of them now? Almost guaranteed to be playing in league one for a third season in a row, with those bastard mags about to become the richest club in the world. Fucking hell :lol:

Just finished series 2 of Sunderland Til I Die. Dunno, I quite like Methven. He’s clearly got good understanding of running businesses and has been up against some fucking laughable practices from previous regimes. He’s a bit cringe, but hearts in the right place I think. I actually don’t mind Stewart Donald either (although he’s the definition of small time)... I think neither of them really expected the level shithousery they were walking into.

Imagine just turning both of them into flats or a theme park.

:lol:

The training ground wouldn’t get planning permission for anything else, certainly not flags or anything.

If we weren’t about to hit a recession then the local council or a private gym/football facilities place could have done very well in buying the academy and renting out the facilities.

As for the stadium, without a football club theirs no use for it. Having it 1 or 2 concerts every summer isn’t enough, and it could easily end up being another farce like the Reynolds arena. You could knock it down and build something else there, but theirs plenty of available land in Sunderland that would likely be ready for building on, cheaper, and less controversial than knocking down their stadium.

Just finished series 2 of Sunderland Til I Die. Dunno, I quite like Methven. He’s clearly got good understanding of running businesses and has been up against some fucking laughable practices from previous regimes. He’s a bit cringe, but hearts in the right place I think. I actually don’t mind Stewart Donald either (although he’s the definition of small time)... I think neither of them really expected the level shithousery they were walking into.

They didn’t have the money to take over that club though, they came across as sincere in the documentary but essentially they are gamblers.

They didn’t have the money to take over that club though, they came across as sincere in the documentary but essentially they are gamblers.

I thought that story had been rubbished / played down?

Either way, I did find them both very sincere and appeared on the surface at least to hold the club’s best interests at heart.

Either way, I did find them both very sincere and appeared on the surface at least to hold the club’s best interests at heart.

I don't even mean that story, a generous estimate of Donald Stewart's wealth would have been around £8m. The club was losing far more than that per year and they seemed to be looking for investors almost immediately after buying the club.

I don't even mean that story, a generous estimate of Donald Stewart's wealth would have been around £8m. The club was losing far more than that per year and they seemed to be looking for investors almost immediately after buying the club.

No doubt. In theory though there’s nothing wrong with that approach. But the club is literally hemoraghing money and the lack of immediate promotion has basically fucked that plan completely.

Small time for sure. Heart in the right place I would say though.

Not a dig at you SP, but I can not wrap my head around why anyone would like Methven. He has no redeemable qualities. Just a jumped up, tory, posh boy.

I get the seemed sincere bit personally. I'm sure he wanted to succeed and that came across to me, but as you say to me wanted to succeed like a Tory does (succeed, sell, get rich) and he clearly had no regards for the club or the people beyond a few smiles for the camera.

Not a dig at you SP, but I can not wrap my head around why anyone would like Methven. He has no redeemable qualities. Just a jumped up, tory, posh boy.

I disagree. Tory posh boy for sure, but clearly very knowledgable on running businesses and getting businesses out of trouble, and delivering his message clearly. Maybe because I’ve worked in a few environments with a bunch of whinging, offer-nothing people, I have sympathy with him for the workforce he inherited. To me he appeared to be used to working with dynamic forward thinking business people, and was met by nod-along morons (apart from a few who seemed decent).

I disagree. Tory posh boy for sure, but clearly very knowledgable on running businesses and getting businesses out of trouble, and speaking a delivering his message clearly. Maybe because I’ve worked in a few environments with a bunch of whinging, offer-nothing people, I have sympathy with him for the workforce he inherited. To me he appeared to be used to working with dynamic forward thinking business people, and was met by nod-along morons (apart from a few who seemed decent).

I am with ManDoon on this one. Methven is all confidence and privilege with no knowledge or intelligence to back it up. I have worked with his like and it leads to failure and collapse of morale among staff.

For Triggs - Also the hot Irish lass was not terrible at her job. She seemed to be the only free thinker in the bunch. What? Because she didn't like getting him coffee?

Guest Carrick18

I didn't hate Methven as much as some either. That woman that he was getting slagged off for treating her badly was absolutely terrible at her job

Nah, he treat her like a gofer and talked to her like utter shit.

Imagine just turning both of them into flats or a theme park.

Who the fuck would take their kids to "cheesy chips land"?

The sort of people who's idea of a family day out is to take the kids to St James Park and hold up homemade FTM banners.

Uncle Mick is their patron saint after all.

The mackems already have Tomorrowland in Stanley to visit. Not sure why they would need another theme park.

Yeah but I imagine that showcases for the locals such marvels of the future as CDs and in-line roller blades.

The mackems already have Tomorrowland in Stanley to visit. Not sure why they would need another theme park.

Yeah but I imagine that showcases for the locals such marvels of the future as CDs and in-line roller blades.

Electricity and the Breech Loading Cannon.......

I disagree. Tory posh boy for sure, but clearly very knowledgable on running businesses and getting businesses out of trouble, and speaking a delivering his message clearly. Maybe because I’ve worked in a few environments with a bunch of whinging, offer-nothing people, I have sympathy with him for the workforce he inherited. To me he appeared to be used to working with dynamic forward thinking business people, and was met by nod-along morons (apart from a few who seemed decent).

I am with ManDoon on this one. Methven is all confidence and privilege with no knowledge or intelligence to back it up. I have worked with his like and it leads to failure and collapse of morale among staff.

For Triggs - Also the hot Irish lass was not terrible at her job. She seemed to be the only free thinker in the bunch. What? Because she didn't like getting him coffee?

I’m sorry like, but what a bunch of shit. The Irish lass is exactly the kind of do-nothing “rebel” who should be out of the door of any business as soon as possible. “Free thinker” 😂 She was the definition of somebody who was in a cushy job and didn’t want to be actually told to achieve something. Pathetic.

Get Catts back for next season. Player, manager, legend.

Well they are paying from him till 2023.

Clattermong released, calls to ‘BHH‘ as player manager already  :lol:

A white hatchet man hero is what they are missing to be fair

Ball-E

Fuck, if Robot Wars ever comes back I'm going to build a Ball-E.  Make it the slowest thing imaginable but have 'passion' seeping out of it.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/march-to-may-2020-newcastle-ufc.1507830/post-31713381

:lol: :lol: :lol:

While they wanted to play like Ginola I wanted to play like Bally.  :lol: