Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

I couldn't see Big Dunc going there - Hughton is a maybe though he'd be up against it from the start, with his connections to us.

There’s another reason why he would be up against it, too.

3 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

I couldn't see Big Dunc going there - Hughton is a maybe though he'd be up against it from the start, with his connections to us.

Hughton looking likely to take the Ghana

job.

John Terry would be a good appointment for him and them. One thing to point out though is this sacking is very reactionary. It’s down to fans demand they sacked him so they’ll not have anyone in place. First real test for their young frontman. Does he listen to the fans, let his DoF select, have Charlie & Stu decide for him or go with his own man. Big test for him and whoever he picks won’t have long to prove themselves.

Warnock with his promotion and play-off record is the best man they could get.

Be a bit beneath their status as the bank of England club though and wont look ambitious from the new/old regime.

Going out on a limb to predict this sequence of events over the next year for the next manager

1) They'll be the right choice for 5month and all will be the fault of the previous manager

2) depending on whether they've just won or lost their fickle little brains will alternate between hating and thinking manager is the right man

3) Ultimately will be hounded out

Edited by Wolfcastle

It’s more of a case of who they can afford for me. Warnock, Allardyce, Bruce are dreamland for them at the moment, it will be another league one type manager that hardly anyone outside the lower leagues has heard of like their last few. 

How much do they realistically have to spend on a manager? Anyone know what Johnson's salary was?

Just can't see Warnock or Roy Keane etc going there for £2k/week. Defoe perhaps, if he really wants to get into management.

2 hours ago, Karjala said:

How much do they realistically have to spend on a manager? Anyone know what Johnson's salary was?

Just can't see Warnock or Roy Keane etc going there for £2k/week. Defoe perhaps, if he really wants to get into management.

The idea of it being a job full of potential isn't true anymore either. 

I think Gus Poyet might have said it after he left, but there's something toxic about the atmosphere and it has only become more pronounced in recent years.