Watford vs Newcastle United - 05/05/18 @ 1500 - No TV

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is going to be an excellent day out. Weather looks perfect, good away stand for making noise and will be a good crowd due to being the last saturday away of the season.

A win just about guarantees a top half finish which would be a very good first season back in the big time especially considering we were briefly in the relegation zone as recently as mid February.  They're in an awful run of form and we've gone off the boil lately so it's not going to be a classic. Think it'll be 1-0 either way.

Not really understanding why our players are already mentally on holiday (as it seems they are) given that there might be a decent sized upheaval in places this summer and you'd think they'd do their best to make their case for their position not needing to be upgraded.

Because they know there won't be?

Not really understanding why our players are already mentally on holiday (as it seems they are) given that there might be a decent sized upheaval in places this summer and you'd think they'd do their best to make their case for their position not needing to be upgraded.

I don't think it works like that, players only really feel the pressure when someone is signed. Gayle certainly looked hungrier once he had Slimani on the bench threatening his first team place. Add that to us being safe and you can imagine it would take the edge off for a lot of the players.

Just hope we play with a bit more desire than we did in our last two, would be disappointed now if w don't finish top 10, this is our most winnable game left so important we get three points if we have any ambitions left this season.

Dubravka

Manquillo Lascelles Lejeune Dummett

Merino Hayden

Murphy            Ritchie          Kenedy

Gayle

Murphy & Merino in I reckon.

With the pressure off, it would be a good game to play Murphy.

I'm disappointed not to have seen more of Merino. Whether he's still being troubled by his back injury, I don't know.

Murphy & Merino in I reckon.

With the pressure off, it would be a good game to play Murphy.

I'm disappointed not to have seen more of Merino. Whether he's still being troubled by his back injury, I don't know.

Me too. I think Diame’s form has kept him out in the main.