Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Newcastle United - 09/05/18 - post match from page 13

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Thought we’d get humped tbh, sounds like we were quite unlucky. Be something wrong if we didn’t keep up our aidstastic run at ‘Wembo’ going anyway.

Shelvey must be fucking sick having to play with them two useless twats ahead of him. Lets hope Chelsea is the last we see of them.

It was good of both centre halves to give Harry / Deli  an easy game. World Cup around the corner and not one crunching tackle.

Lascelles halved Alli, in fairness.

Shelvey must be fucking sick having to play with them two useless twats ahead of him. Lets hope Chelsea is the last we see of them.

It was good of both centre halves to give Harry / Deli  an easy game. World Cup around the corner and not one crunching tackle.

Crumpy with his brilliant analysis once again. Useless.

Crumpy with his brilliant analysis once again. Useless.

One tackle in 95 minutes? Once again i've got it spot on.

Did we need to make a "crunching tackle"? ???

They had very few chances and only threatened us occasionally. Diame did clatter Trippier though so his route to the World Cup might be more difficult if that helps.

No, he’s just talking utter s*** to keep up an internet persona. Sad

Guest reefatoon

You have to have your defenders throwing in proper crunching tackles every two minutes, that's proper man's football. Crumpy is a true PMF fan, bad to the bone.

I went to this last night. Our fans were incredible again. We were worthy of a point at least (I guess that's the general theme of the thread having not read it).

The difference in them having quality up front and us not was the only reason we're not coming home with a share of the spoils.

As an aside, Lascelles, Lejeune, Shelvey and Diame were all outstanding through the middle.

First half in particular there only looked one winner.

Dubravka again looked the business.

Once again we dominate, well...  play pretty well, in a game and come away with nothing...  It is a well worn path and a typical script that we could all write...  Loads of early chances, some of really high quality, not taken followed by a sucker punch.

In this case the sucker punch came quite early and we should have had time to rectify but, this is us we are talking about.

Absolutely agree that safety in this league was a priority - we achieved that with time to spare (for once).  I think we will need to beat Chelsea in order to secure that 10th place finish...  Really looking forward to Sunday, last game of the season at home always feels special.  I will definitely be happy to stay behind to applaud this team on their lap on honour, they have completely deserved it this year!

Also, a special mention for the spurs fans. I was sat in their end last night and they're a bunch of spoilt bastards. The first mention of 'Fackin sort it aaat' at full pelt aimed at Son came after 2 mins 36 seconds :lol: and I'm not joking.

The barraged their team first half, booed them off at HT and then suddenly they were 'Tottenham, Super Tottenham' when chin scored.

Many of them around me were impressed with Shelvey and, randomly, Yedlin.

Anyhow, a scummy bunch, who we outsang throughout.

Disappointing result but happy we played well and 'should have won'. We all know we lack that bit of extra quality, especially in attack.

On the up side, if we can somehow add that extra edge to the basis we already have, next season should be class. On the other hand we could fail, Rafa could quite and we get relegated. Interesting in a way.

Guest reefatoon

Quality wise we were fine all over the pitch and created a few good chances to put the game away. We just really lack an attacking presence in any shape or form. Stick a good striker in that team and we don't look bad at all.

Our current management team and squad is really well placed to make the next step. Away from the 12 team scrap at the bottom and into the top 8. Then who knows what else beyond that ?

We have a lot of the essentials in place and a team and work ethic second to none in the league.

This time it really doesn't need a huge overhaul, just sensible investment and upgrading in some areas, along with Rafa's continued hand on the tiller.

We have so much already in place and just need to finish the job properly.

Please get it right this time!

Also, a special mention for the spurs fans. I was sat in their end last night and they're a bunch of spoilt bastards. The first mention of 'Fackin sort it aaat' at full pelt aimed at Son came after 2 mins 36 seconds :lol: and I'm not joking.

The barraged their team first half, booed them off at HT and then suddenly they were 'Tottenham, Super Tottenham' when chin scored.

Many of them around me were impressed with Shelvey and, randomly, Yedlin.

Anyhow, a scummy bunch, who we outsang throughout.

Says it all that aside from the goal the biggest noise out of them the rest of the game was when the Arsenal score flashed up on the screen. :lol:

That fucking 'When the Spurs' is more AIDs-ridden in person than I could ever have imagined, too. Loved it when they got drowned out by our lads every single time they attempted it.

If we score I hope it's a last minute equaliser. I'm still bitter about Lennon equalising for them in the 93rd minute or whatever at SJP years ago. :lol:

Did you have 1-0 coloccini on that day as well? Because I did and it properly pissed me off

Watching the highlights again...lord the finishing.

1. Ayoze tame effort to place it far post

2. Gayle's wank header

3. Gayle's wank left footed finish with 0 confidence

4. Ayoze's air-kick

5. Jacob Murphy's blast over

If we score I hope it's a last minute equaliser. I'm still bitter about Lennon equalising for them in the 93rd minute or whatever at SJP years ago. :lol:

Did you have 1-0 coloccini on that day as well? Because I did and it properly p*ssed me off

Nah, nee bets on because I was only 10 that day. :lol: