Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Messi is so lazy.

Of all the things to take out of this game.

Well he's a profile, not the only thing wrong either. Not sure what the problem is??

Messi's played like that for about 5 years now though [emoji38]

Mascherano would walk into the Portugal side.  :spit:

You're either clueless or taking the piss.

As a CB, where he played for years at Barca as a very solid defender. Unless you think Pepe is better

Pepe is better, Pepe is canny and also isn't a midget

35 year old Pepe vs 34 year old Mascherano.  If you prefer one over the other, fair enough but you're missing my whole point.  They're all ability wise very alike. I you give Pepe an 8 out of 10 you give Mascherano a 7.  Tagliafico or Guerreiro? If you think Guerreiro is better, fine. But it's fine margins. Same applies throughout both squads

Mascherano could never play as a centre half the way Portugal play, way too small. Pepe is also still playing at a decent level.

ffs you're taking it too literally man :lol: forget it

Messi is so lazy.

Of all the things to take out of this game.

Well he's a profile, not the only thing wrong either. Not sure what the problem is??

Messi's played like that for about 5 years now though [emoji38]

I know, but imo he runs even less when he plays for Argentina, at least from what I've seen. More active now though :thup:

Is it legal to suggest that Messi doesn't appear to be as effective against international class defensive units?

I think it's the players around him aren't as good.

Is it legal to suggest that Messi doesn't appear to be as effective against international class defensive units?

It is but this Croatia defence is poor. Messi has been poor like but probably more down to the system and a lack of confidence in his teammates.

Guest neesy111

Or on a cold Tuesday night in Burnley.

It is but this Croatia defence is poor. Messi has been poor like but probably more down to the system and a lack of confidence in his teammates.

Must be shit playing with Aguero to name one.

It's the total lack of any idea of a system. Pardew-esque, just throw them out and hope something happens because Messi is good.

Chronically bad management.

I think he carries the weight of this team in a way he's never had to for Barcelona and it negatively affects his performance.

He's also never played for an Argentina team that's ever provided nearly the same support as any of his Barcelona teams.

Guest neesy111

I think he carries the weight of this team in a way he's never had to for Barcelona and it negatively affects his performance.

He's also never played for an Argentina team that's ever provided nearly the same support as any of his Barcelona teams.

That's true, but he's had argubly his best ever season at Barca considering how much he's carrying them.

It's the total lack of any idea of a system. Pardew-esque, just throw them out and hope something happens because Messi is good.

Chronically bad management.

Definitely the management, said it within watching the first 10 mins of this game. It looks as clueless as the time when they put Maradona in charge.