Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Croatia aren't getting enough credit IMO.

I genuinely don't think they are that good tbh, i guess we'll see in the KOs though.

Their midfield can hang with anyone in the tournament imo

Would absolutely love to see Croatia win it personally. Quality team.

This! :thup: Wanted them to go far in earlier tournaments but it didn't really click. Hopefully they will do better this time. Good team, and some crazy good individual proper team players.

Croatia have some class players and play as a team. They’re really good IMO.

Best team I've seen so far I think. They all know the system and their job. It'll be a good team that knocks them out imo.

Yep

Croatia have some class players and play as a team. They’re really good IMO.

Best team I've seen so far I think. They all know the system and their job. It'll be a good team that knocks them out imo.

Yep

Probably be fucking Portugal. Keep it 0-0 then Ronaldo it [emoji38]

Probably shouldn’t play with no midfield against arguably the best midfield in the cup.

Rank tactics.

The only thing I can possibly think was he thought it wasn't worth trying to compete in that area.

Some of the worst tactics and coaching I've ever seen at the top level.

I don't feel sorry for Messi at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Me neither. The Croats were very, very good but I'm not even sure Messi broke sweat all night. Meanwhile Modric was all over closing down, intercepting, making himself available, providing neat passing as always and even chipping in with a beautiful goal. Different players of course but it's still kind of telling.

Guest neesy111

Probably shouldn’t play with no midfield against arguably the best midfield in the cup.

Rank tactics.

The only thing I can possibly think was he thought it wasn't worth trying to compete in that area.

I've got to agree with that, I didn't even see pardew go that bad.

Gutted for Messi but not surprised. Tim Vickery's been adamant for ages that Argentina are absolutely shit and by God he's right. Midfield's a total joke and the less said about the defence, the better.

Can see Croatia getting to semi's.

Denmark/Australia last 16, then probably Spain/Portugal/Russia in the quarters.  Very possible.

Be class if they got to the final/won the whole thing like

Rank tactics.

If I was involved in the setup I'd honestly sack him and get a manager in before the next game. Promote from within. Anything. Sampaoli is getting nothing out of them.

Not gutted at all for Messi. He might not play in a good team or with the right players, but the least he could do is to try a little bit harder, even if things don't come off. He kind of hides for the national team. Doesn't have the confidence in the national team combined with the pressure?