The World Cup Final: France 4-2 Croatia

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Martin Keown: What are we going to do with our lives now that the World Cup's over?

My lass: Hahaha, how dramatic.

Me: Hehehe...yeh

Guest firetotheworks

Bet that feels mint with it being a thunderstorm. It's canny mint on its own without the adage of winning the World Cup.

Given Modric the player of the tournament seems like giving something to the loser as a thank you tbh.

For me he wasn't that good (by his standards)  against Russia and Denmark and against us he wasn't even Croatia's best midfielder.

Pogba has been consistently better this tournament IMO, it's fine because he's one of maybe 5 players who had an argument but I can't help but shake the feeling if Croatia won it would be a different story.

Given Modric the player of the tournament seems like giving something to the loser as a thank you tbh.

For me he wasn't that good (by his standards)  against Russia and Denmark and against us he wasn't even Croatia's best midfielder.

Pogba has been consistently better this tournament IMO, it's fine because he's one of maybe 5 players who had an argument but I can't help but shake the feeling if Croatia won it would be a different story.

Dunno like. Everytime I saw Modric play, he made the right decision, no one could get the ball off him, and he just looked so elegant out there. You thought he'd be dispossed and he'd just switch the ball out to someone who'd have grass to run on to.

Dunno like. Everytime I saw Modric play, he made the right decision, no one could get the ball off him, and he just looked so elegant out there. You thought he'd be dispossed and he'd just switch the ball out to someone who'd have grass to run on to.

Yeah, I dislike Modric (seems I dislike every footballer :lol: ) but he was easily Croatia's best player this WC, and nothing wrong with giving him the best player award even if I feel others perhaps were more deserving.

Great goals by Pogba and Mbappe and they certainly know how to close games out but the ref has ultimately been the difference and both decisions look dodgy to me on the replays. It's sort of spoiled the final to be honest and what has been a class tournament. I'm all for VAR once it's ready but it's been a mixed bag and had a decisive and controversial say in the final.

Does that make him the best player though?  Don't believe it does tbh.

Personally Pogba and Mbappe were more consistent, had more impactful moments and overall were better.

Like I said I have no issue with it, not like they gave it to a no talent bum it just seems very political to me.

Does that make him the best player though?  Don't believe it does tbh.

Personally Pogba and Mbappe were more consistent, had more impactful moments and overall were better.

Like I said I have no issue with it, not like they gave it to a no talent bum it just seems very political to me.

For me Kante was more influential to France's success than Pogba. Mbappe had moments of greatness, not at all consistent enough for that award IMO. Modric was consistent throughout, even if not consistent at the level he potentially could be consistent at.