The World Cup Final: France 4-2 Croatia

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

I hate the fact the Ref handed the WC to them on a plate.  Just ruined the game.

He didn't though.

Of course he did - can't say a gift of two goals doesn't change the game.  Croatia then had to chase the game which opened them up.

First goal should have been reviewed, definitely. Second was a stonewall penalty imo. Ref was niggly and didn't allow quick free kicks, but aside from that I thought he was alright.

Have France ever had a likeable set of players?

These lads are likeable. Extremely so imo.  Varane, Umtiti, Kante, Pogba very likeable imo.

It’s France as a nation, that is not. 

Yep; these players appear really likeable

Credit to Deschamps sorting it out behind the scenes: squad is so united

I think the reason why France aren't liked is because they are quite a cagey side, they often sit back and hit teams on the counter, a bit like Rafa's teams, but that was the best way for them to play when you have electric pace like Mbappe.

Thought that was an excellent final, but so sad for Croatia - was hoping for a third after their 'oh so comical' second. France pegged back for so much of the game, maybe a bit of naivity to let France counter so easilly in the second half but man those guys try to play football.

Thought the ref was a tosser, strong yes but somehow still fucking up. Arrogant? Reminded me a bit of Uriah Rennie somehow.

Hopefully VAR rules gets further refined. Was never a freekick that led to first French goal and never a penalty, and wrong goal-kick/corner decisions aren't looked at by VAR?

Great game, wrong result.

Guest firetotheworks

Wouldn't have given it to Modric like, but it shows how good he is that he's won it without being at the peak of his capabilities.