The World Cup Final: France 4-2 Croatia

Greg

Next time you watch a World Cup game in the summer you'll all be 8 years older than you are now. Feel canny depressed I'll be 32 and have to have my life in order the next time I watch one

That's my thing I don't think he was that consistent tbh, his last great performance was against Argentina.

Against England I thought he was in and out of the game and Perisic was more valuable to their win. In the previous two rounds no Croatia player was particularly good.

If we are talking about consistency Pogba and Kante were clearly more consistent imo, hell I'd make an argument for Hazard too.

This might sound harsh and nit picky but when talking about the best player of the tournament the margins are decided by that sort of thing.

If anything if I was arguing for Modric I'd point to his higher points rather than consistency tbh. Others have been better there imo.

Pogba was consistent imo. But not even France's best CM.

If it were me, I would've given it to whoever team lost between Modric and Kante. Unless one of them had an absolute stormer.

Perisic was great when it mattered too.

Unless they changed it, these awards are decided before the final. They just hold the announcement until the trophy presentation.

Grie

Macron is such a little weasel.

Just the worst. He's the same type of sly weasel as Trudeau. Yet people fall for their "charm". Urgh.

Also, Griezmann can fuck off. Good WC by Croatia, and congratulations to France.

Given Modric the player of the tournament seems like giving something to the loser as a thank you tbh.

For me he wasn't that good (by his standards)  against Russia and Denmark and against us he wasn't even Croatia's best midfielder.

Pogba has been consistently better this tournament IMO, it's fine because he's one of maybe 5 players who had an argument but I can't help but shake the feeling if Croatia won it would be a different story.

I disagree, tbh, not sure who you can it to, other than Modric. He was the leader and best player on the side that defied all expectation and battled to the final. This has not been a tournament of consistent individual brilliance from anyone, or even one that will be remembered for the quality of its football. Today's final was fitting, a wildly entertaining match with plentiful errors, set piece goals, and refereeing controversy and only a few moments of great skill.

It is very odd that we now have three consecutive Golden Ball winners that did not play on the winning side, one of whom whose team did not even make it to the final. Almost as odd as the past winner going out in the group stage in 4 out of 5 tournaments.

Next time you watch a World Cup game in the summer you'll all be 8 years older than you are now. Feel canny depressed I'll be 32 and have to have my life in order the next time I watch one

55. GFY. Doubt I'll remember what the internet is.

:lol: 32. Shut the fuck up, Joey.

:lol: 32. Shut the fuck up, Joey.

:lol:

:lol: 32. Shut the f*** up, Joey.

I'm slightly depressed that I'll be 30 tbh :lol:

dea55bfc234313b6e2e91a12fc814dcbb0d6cd19aab52308abae043c51bf8478_large