Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

apart from one or two headless chicken marauding upfield and leaving us exposed instances, in admittedly key situations, I think he,s been a solid 8/10 for the most part

He’s clearly not that strong mentally based on that one interview and right now his confidence is as low as it can be. He’s not this bad but it’s a tough situation as we haven’t really had any options but to play him all season when he’s been fit and he just seems to drop deeper and deeper in to the hole.

Think he can still be a useful squad player with his homegrown status who wouldn’t be whining about not playing every game. In reality that was what he was supposed to be this season after we signed Tonali but...

Edited by Pata

Thought he was fine last night, looked nervous in the last 15 minutes but that's what happens when there are groans at the slightest misplaced pass from the stands. Bruno (who I love) lost the ball way more times than Longshaft and nothing said... Reminds me of Maxi where as our fans need someone to have a go at.

1 hour ago, mofo said:

Thought he was fine last night, looked nervous in the last 15 minutes but that's what happens when there are groans at the slightest misplaced pass from the stands. Bruno (who I love) lost the ball way more times than Longshaft and nothing said... Reminds me of Maxi where as our fans need someone to have a go at.

The difference is, though.  Bruno loses the ball trying to make things happen and you know he has the ability for that magic.  Messi used to give the ball away fuck loads, but he'd still try it.  Longstaff gives it away under no pressure and when an easy pass is on.  He just takes an age to do anything.  Whether it's a touch and turn, a pass, a shot, a cross, deciding whether or not to make a tackle, before letting someone else run past him again.

I thought Krafth and Longstaff in particular played like the game was too big for them.  They constantly looked scared to make a meaningful decision. 

12 hours ago, et tu brute said:

I'd be shocked if he was, as any transfer money is pure profit with regards to FFP (or whatever it's called now). The owners will push for it.

I hope you're right. For FFP and improving the squad it's essential. I just don't see it with how Howe talks about him. 

27 minutes ago, vexred said:

I hope you're right. For FFP and improving the squad it's essential. I just don't see it with how Howe talks about him. 

I hope he’s sold - offers nothing as far as I’m concerned - plus a homegrown player sold will boost FFP

Howe is a buffoon if he decides to keep him

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Which one's this?

I try to find it when I get back home, trying to save my remaining precious data as much as possible. (Thanks Brexit!) :lol:

2 hours ago, vexred said:

Howe won't have a say. He's already said the owners will be making the decisions and he accepts this.

Edited by et tu brute

Just now, Holloway said:

He seems a fragile individual suffering a massive crisis in confidence to me 

He's also a very very limited professional footballer. I stood up for him for the last 2 years but jesus, he's been rotten since Christmas.

1 minute ago, Bondedcrown said:

Yet we still won

Doesn't change the fact he's been shit for the last 6 month :lol:

Edited by Aiston

1 minute ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

He's also a very very limited professional footballer. I stood up for him for the last 2 years but jesus, he's been rotten since Christmas.

Well yeah that's true but at certain times here his finishing has looked more than capable, that fucker at the end there nearly ended up in the Thames. Lacking in self belief is evident imo

True. He's just too passive to be a high level midfielder. Does not want the ball, rarely imposes himself or tackles and actually seems to go missing and is often wandering back chasing a player towards his own box. He's technically limited and does not take responsibility for the ball.  You'd expect a little more fight from a llocal lad, even if he's shite at kicking a ball to a team mate. 

Lovely lad, bench next year please.

Just now, Oregon_Geordie said:

True. He's just too passive to be a high level midfielder. Does not want the ball, rarely imposes himself or tackles and actually seems to go missing and is often wandering back chasing a player towards his own box. He's technically limited and does not take responsibility for the ball.  You'd expect a little more fight from a llocal lad, even if he's shite at kicking a ball to a team mate. 

Lovely lad, bench next year please.

How many games has he had to play!