Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

He's developed some negative habits, whether carrying an injury or not. Hasn't an ounce of confidence which is emphasising his ponderous play.Desperately needs a rest

4 minutes ago, LordJake said:

He’s not good enough as a starter for a team that has european aspirations 

how many games did he start last season? 

he's obviously not right and very poor tonight - like the rest of the team tbf 

I guess he has to be the latest scapegoat after Burn more recently 

1 minute ago, Ginola14 said:

how many games did he start last season? 

Plenty but he had other players around him covering for his frailties which we haven’t this season. I like the lad but he’s a bench option going forward. He shouldn’t be a starter next season 

5 minutes ago, Holloway said:

He's developed some negative habits, whether carrying an injury or not. Hasn't an ounce of confidence which is emphasising his ponderous play.Desperately needs a rest

this is it.

so weak mentally.

in his interviews it always seems as if he has imposter syndrome.

surprised as his dad was an elite sportsman.

please sort it out sean. 

2 minutes ago, LordJake said:

Plenty but he had other players around him covering for his frailties which we haven’t this season. I like the lad but he’s a bench option going forward. He shouldn’t be a starter next season 

Don’t think he will be. Don’t think that he was supposed to be this season.

Honestly, I've had enough of his diving ability and flinging himself to the floor at the slightest breeze, it's embarrassing, it cost us a potential goal tonight and also led to them scoring their second.

He is absolutely horrendous.

like gordon - needs to leave the pressure of playing for his hometown club.

its too much for him.

such a canny lad, too.

but in his defence he was never meant to be a first team regular this season and playing through an injury has destroyed the little self-confidence he had to start with.

Again a glaring lack of self belief.

This again led to him taking the easy option and looking for the referee to bail him out, as is typically the case with him.

Instead of doing everything he could to try and get a shot off from a great position, as soon as he feels the slightest touch, he chooses to go to ground, rather than take responsibility.

Incredibly disappointing stuff.

It's painful watching him and tonight was one of his worst showings for sure. Just got to try and remember he's been playing injured and next year we'll see a lot less of him either by way of him being sold or (more likely) a squad option. And in the latter case he'll look better for the rest and better players around him.

He just needs this season to come to an end, desperately tbh.

When fit and confident, he’s great in that RCM role breaking into box. Issue is, he needs to be fit and confident for that, but also, that’s a very limited style of play.

Not someone who’s going to drop into pockets and take ball on half turn, not going to play on left side, not going to play the deepest. So in particular games, where we need to move the ball, retain possession and do things differently, we’re restricted by having him on the pitch. Because the ball will need to be played to him in challenging zones otherwise we may as well play with 10 and jig the shape.

8 hours ago, Pilko said:

It's painful watching him and tonight was one of his worst showings for sure. Just got to try and remember he's been playing injured and next year we'll see a lot less of him either by way of him being sold or (more likely) a squad option. And in the latter case he'll look better for the rest and better players around him.

He just needs this season to come to an end, desperately tbh.

I hope he’s sold and have said so plenty of times. He won’t be, as Howe likes him and what he brings. Plus if we get to Europe, I’m assuming we need him for the home grown quota. 

But injuries or not. I think he’s always been at it with the flopping instead of making a meaningful, positive decision. I think it was levelled against him

last season. 

I feel like whenever he is in our midfield. He half shows for the ball as a bit of a token gesture. Then passes it straight back from where it come from. Or just seems to get in the way and the likes of Schar and Bruno sometimes ignore giving him the ball and seeing him as a genuine option. 

Got to be aiming higher than him

if we want to evolve and progress as a team. He’s a dreadful ‘footballer’ for this level. 

Grateful for what he did last season and fair play for playing through injuries. But it almost feels like a blindspot from Howe (yes I know he knows more than us).

I genuinely couldn’t envisage Hall or even Gordon doing a worse job in CM right now. Plus earlier in the season. We did have the odd rare occasion where we had options. Yet he always started or played the full 90. 

Maybe the weekend will be the perfect tonic for him and he can chip in with a goal. As he is still good at hitting the box. 

Always comes unstuck against a good press. Great engine, great attitude, very coachable but terrible in tight spaces; poor close control, slow decision-making and zero press-resistance. 

It’s a real testament to his work ethic though that he’s managed to forge a career for himself at the highest level without any natural advantages in his game. 

9 hours ago, huss9 said:

this is it.

so weak mentally.

in his interviews it always seems as if he has imposter syndrome.

surprised as his dad was an elite sportsman.

please sort it out sean. 

Fred West's kids should be good at rape and murder

Beginning to think he's got something on Eddie at this point. How Joe White is not getting a crack to use an Eddieism 'baffles me'. White's had more experience than Miley did when he filled in, and regardless of Longstaff's issues as a footballer, he's been playing injured for months.