Fabian Schär

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

No need from him whatsoever to do what he did, what was he trying to prove?

That Diaz is a little bitch? Doing him from behind then acting the victim. 

What triggered it was the way Brereton Diaz charged into Schar after the whistle for a foul nowhere near them. That was a yellow and his carry onafter was another yellow 

1 minute ago, 1892er said:

That Diaz is a little bitch? Doing him from behind then acting the victim. 

Of course Diaz is a scumbag but Schar has proven nothing, he's put us in a difficult position having to play the majority of the game with 10 men

8 minutes ago, madras said:

What triggered it was the way Brereton Diaz charged into Schar after the whistle for a foul nowhere near them. That was a yellow and his carry onafter was another yellow 

This.

I obviously am so bias towards our players but he runs a qtr of the pitch to basically body check schar for no reason other than going to collect the ball and then has a go at schar. I personally think as the ref had blown for the foul already the southampton player should have seen red. 

Glad for all the possession they got what they deserved nothing. 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Hope Brereton Diaz has an absolutely miserable season and scores more own goals than goals 

He’s a proper wanker but Schar still needs to keep his head there tho (no pun intended 😂)

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Im perfectly fine with having zero tolerance of going in with your head like that. Just dont do it, easy as that. 

Soft as fuck, but its never going to get overturned.

Edited by Displayname

If you’re gonna put your face there at all then make sure until take his head off. Or even better, a hard push to his chest is a yellow. 

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Im perfectly fine with having zero tolerance of going in with your head like that. Just dont do it, easy as that. 

Soft as fuck, but its never going to get overturned.

Exactly, its idiotic 

I don’t have an issue with it being red either. Any head movement close just gives the ref no option but Diaz’s reaction is so pathetic that I hope someone snaps him soon 

I don’t have an issue with it being red either. Any head movement close just gives the ref no option but Diaz’s reaction is so pathetic that I hope someone snaps him soon 

Was it Longstaff who cleaned him out? 😂

Really annoyed at this gentleman. He's the first to overreact to contact so don't have much sympathy for him, plus as if Brereton has anything else to offer at this level than baiting someone into a red.

Obviously, should never really be a red but that's another debate with our game encouraging and rewarding simulation - a perfect opportunity for men with no sense of shame like Brereton.

Could have cost us the game. 

I don’t get blaming Schar or all this talk about giving the ref no choice. The fact is it wasn’t violent conduct and the lad dived. Those are the important facts, and that’s what the officials should be able to sort out. 

Said in the match thread that Schar is a mug for the headbutt. He had already fouled you, get him yellow carded and play on. 

In hindsight, should have put more effort into the headbutt. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t get blaming Schar or all this talk about giving the ref no choice. The fact is it wasn’t violent conduct and the lad dived. Those are the important facts, and that’s what the officials should be able to sort out. 

I agree that it’s not remotely violent in reality and didn’t cause any damage. It’s a disgusting overreaction from Diaz. However, that head movement towards an opposing player has been a red for decades even with no proper contact 

I agree that it’s not remotely violent in reality and didn’t cause any damage. It’s a disgusting overreaction from Diaz. However, that head movement towards an opposing player has been a red for decades even with no proper contact 

Was it a red if he hadn’t dived? 

I'd also be the first to argue that it doesn't even qualify as a head butt.

But that fool was just begging for it.

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Was it a red if he hadn’t dived? 

Probably still a red but maybe gets away with it

Best way to avoid a red is to not get involved and especially not square up to him

Edited by Geordie Ahmed