Fabian Schär

2 hours ago, madras said:

What triggered it was the way Brereton Diaz charged into Schar after the whistle for a foul nowhere near them. That was a yellow and his carry onafter was another yellow 

I thought Diaz went charging into him with his head down - didn't look a red from what I saw

Never a red card man. It wouldn’t have even been a talking point on MotD if not for Diaz’s histrionics. It’s the sort of clash that’ll happen dozens of times up and down the leagues over the course of the weekend.

The hope the scruffy cunt snaps his leg in two.

Edited by christ

He reacted and took the bait that Diaz was offering, it's his own fault tbbh. Obviously Diaz's behaviour is disgraceful but he got the exact reaction from Schar that he was looking for. No idea how much contact was made but if Diaz stays on his feet it's a joint bollocking and a booking each at worst. Once they slow it down and look at it they're never overturning it and I don't even want to discuss the possibility of successfully appealing it, there's no chance whatsoever 

16 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I agree that it’s not remotely violent in reality and didn’t cause any damage. It’s a disgusting overreaction from Diaz. However, that head movement towards an opposing player has been a red for decades even with no proper contact 

Except all the times it hasn't resulted in a red card.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Except all the times it hasn't resulted in a red card.

Yeah, well it might not have been given every single time but it has been given a ton of times for decades 

Just now, gbandit said:

Yeah, well it might not have been given every single time but it has been given a ton of times for decades 

Selective red carding. Like when Pawson has been paid off.

Just now, Skeletor said:

Selective red carding. Like when Pawson has been paid off.

I wouldn’t have given it as a red, it’s a joke. However, it’s impossible to argue against it or get it overturned as they can argue there was at least some intent

Just now, gbandit said:

I wouldn’t have given it as a red, it’s a joke. However, it’s impossible to argue against it or get it overturned as they can argue there was at least some intent

Much worse to shove someone over when play is already stopped. That is violent conduct.

If BBD doesn't go down, I doubt either even get a yellow.

Best thing to do is just mock him for being an absolute greasy little weapon.

Just now, gazza ladra said:

No chance Schär's red is reversed. Maybe give Diaz one on review? :lol:

Probably more of a punishment if he plays judging by his performance today.

25 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I agree that it’s not remotely violent in reality and didn’t cause any damage. It’s a disgusting overreaction from Diaz. However, that head movement towards an opposing player has been a red for decades even with no proper contact 

Yeah, that's why my initial reaction was anger at Schar. If you make head contact with someone while facing off, you should expect to be sent off based on what I've seen of football over the last couple of decades - and you should expect loads of players to go down to make sure you do. Not saying it's right but I reckon it's typically how it plays out, or at least often enough that it's a very silly thing to do.

Attempting to get others sent off like that is just rotten behavior and that is what the refs need to sort out. The rules need to be sorted.

Softest of soft sendings off, but once the refs look over it Diaz will get sod all for the rest of the season now. He's marked his card as a diving soft git and it will cost them

long term

2 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Can't believe some people are saying it's a red. They both put their head in. The slow mo on twitter is very conclusive.

Seeing it in real time - was never a red. Diaz was the instigator. 

Edited by duo