Fabian Schär

3 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Is it possible to reduce the ban? Reducing it would mean saying it wasn’t violent conduct and hence not a red surely? So three marches or zero…?

3 hours ago, 80 said:

I think that's probably the situation, yeah.

It is possible to get the ban overturned, however Schar can get an extra one-game ban if the appeal fails having been deemed as 'frivolous'.  Howe has already came out and said that Schar shouldn't have done it.  You also have to appeal within two days - and usually the club appealing suggest as much post-match.

Best thing to happen here is to absolutely pump these in the return. Fab to mark the ever loving fuck out of the cheating cunt so he gets zero all game and gets booed by their fans as well as ours. 

Wait, top that, Fab scores a 30 yard screamer and celebrates in Diaz’ face. Diaz reacts, gets sent off. The whole squad joins Murphy waving him off.

The fact that there's a slow motion replay of Diaz moving his head towards Schar at least deserves looking at, surely?

I've no faith they'll overturn it but adding an extra game for a red that pretty much everyone agrees was an absolute joke would be fairly shite, even by the FA's standards.

Just now, Shak said:

The fact that there's a slow motion replay of Diaz moving his head towards Schar at least deserves looking at, surely?

I've no faith they'll overturn it but adding an extra game for a red that pretty much everyone agrees was an absolute joke would be fairly shite, even by the FA's standards.

Even other clubs fans on Reddit where we are loathed were saying it was nonsense. 

Surely we will appeal this? It’s not violent conduct. It’s “negligible”.  I could be wrong but I think the rule book says something similar. Maybe it has changed. That fucking culiado Diaz puts his head forward as well. 

Edited by Ikon

6 hours ago, Shak said:

Yeah would be madness to not appeal imo. 

The only thing I see against Schar's favour is he makes a beeline for Brereton-Diaz. He shoves him away once, B-D stands still again, then he moves towards him again. Soft as clarts the way he goes down and should get a second yellow himself, and while Schar had every right to be a bit pissed off at the initial shove, he could have just left it to the ref. 

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Can we request a 3 game ban for Diaz for "headbutting" Schär?

Is that not just a reflex thing? Angle from 30 seconds here you see Schar move into him twice. I know he lowers his forehead but neither are a butt. Schar was stupid, Brereton-Diaz a cheat. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/33744/13198811/fabian-schar-given-controversial-red-card-for-headbutt-on-ben-brereton-diaz

Edited by Optimistic Nut

49 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Should appeal. Wished we had a bit more of a ruthless appetite to do so.

We'd lose the appeal. After Diaz had gone into the back of Schar, Schar pushed Diaz, then approached him with Diaz standing still, then moved his head forwards before Diaz moved his. If you can't take into context why Schar is behaving like he is, then the decision is easy to make based on how the rules are written.

Efforts would be much better spent advocating for changing the rules so stuff like that doesn't happen again.

Edited by Conjo

The thing is the officials don't look at the wider context, ref blows for free kick, so play is dead, schar goes to retrieve ball, the yeti shoves him to the ground, leans over him and says something (provocative probably).. the only thing the officials look at is the incident involving the "headbutt", yes I think the yeti also moves is head, and then drops to the ground like a sack of shit. 

However In my opinion if we appeal they'll just say schar did nut him, appeal rejected. 

Is a rejected appeal an extra game on the ban? Or is that just if the appeal is seen as frivolous. 

If the extra game on the ban is only if appeal is seen as frivolous then imo we've got nothing to loose by appealing.

Edited by Bally21

They'll be desperate to avoid having to overturn a red on the very first weekend. On field ref gave it, VAR confirmed it having looked at it again - how embarrassing would it be if they overturned it and highlighted how wrong both of them were to say it was a red. It's never getting overturned, they look after their own in situations like this

10 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Souness hit the nail on the head with this earlier. 

I’ve just watched that and based on that we should appeal.  The force was negligible. No doubt. The rule says it’s not a sending off if the force is negligible. 

3 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I’ve just watched that and based on that we should appeal.  The force was negligible. No doubt. The rule says it’s not a sending off if the force is negligible. 

Yeah same, I thought the rule was simply putting your head into someones face, but once they read the full rule, and they mentioned 'negligable contact', then I now think we should appeal it.

What a lot of these pundits don't seem to have mentioned, is that Brereton-Dias also puts his head forward too, only difference, Fabian doesn't go down.

18 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Yeah same, I thought the rule was simply putting your head into someones face, but once they read the full rule, and they mentioned 'negligable contact', then I now think we should appeal it.

What a lot of these pundits don't seem to have mentioned, is that Brereton-Dias also puts his head forward too, only difference, Fabian doesn't go down.

Would have been funny if they had both went down at the same time.. then whoever got up first got the card.

Everyone knows what happened. The ref was conned by a diving cheat and VAR are now predisposed to back the on-field ref so were too weak to change it. 

It’s absolutely criminal that Schar misses 3 games for this. Disgusting.  

11 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Souness hit the nail on the head with this earlier. 

The part where they brought rugby and rugby players into the debate was the peak. Fantastic stuff.