Fabian Schär

3 hours ago, Nine said:

Honestly one of the most underrated players in the world at the moment 

He's been underrated ever since Howe took over. It almost seems like some of our fanbase are the only ones who realises just how good he is, from watching him each game.

He was underrated under Rafa too. the national press never pay any close attention to our teams at all, it sometimes feels like the further north you go the less time anyone spends watching. I remember when Sheffield United got absolutely lauded for playing a 3 at the back with two ball playing CBs basically stepping into midfield  as if it was this super tactical genius move, and all I could think of was Rafa dropping Shelvey so a back 3 of Lejeune, Lascelles (who was mainly there to sweep up behind) and Schar stepped forward and provided a lot of the midfield creativity. Don't think I ever saw anyone give any credit to Lejeune or Schar, or indeed any comment on this system being at all strange. Willing to bet none of them noticed that Rafa wasn't playing his old 4-2-3-1 formation. 

He was even underrated by the Swiss coach at the World Cup.[emoji38] Such a shame that Bruce took away a couple of Schär years from us.. Scary how that man can ruin some good talent. He's like the opposite of Howe in terms of man management. He destroys players at the same rate as Howe develops them.

35 minutes ago, gbandit said:

As amazing as he is as a defender, who’s a better footballer at CB in the league? In terms of passing, dribbling ability, vision?

Only no-one! He’s by far the best footballing centre back in the league. Stones prays to develop the mid-to long range passing game Schar has, then he may be close to Schar’s level

He was getting so bored yesterday that he kept dribbling into midfield and attack. Poor sod needs a challenge. 

Also something worth noting.... our right wing benefits from Schar being LCB as he has a better angle for his diagonals. Such a small detail but it's why we were so effective yesterday.

Just realised he made a run into the centre-forward position after passing the ball to Wilson, dragging the Palace right-back to cover him and leaving the back post totally open for Wilson (who also made an immense run), and Gordon (who scored). Such a beautifully worked play, and a defender who bursts into the box threw Crystal Palace's backline organisation into total disarray. 

18 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

For me it's the run forward then the chip into the attacker. If that had been finished, we'd be talking about playing him in midfield...

I thought midfield was the obvious move for him as has been suggested on numerous occasions! [emoji38]

"Red Crab Seafood" refers to a type of seafood, the red crab, which is known for its distinctive appearance and delectable flavor. These crabs are sought after in the culinary world for their sweet and succulent meat, making them a prized ingredient in various seafood dishes.

Admin note: dealt with, so no need to report, but post retained for lols.