Fabian Schär

As if Eddie is going to let him leave. Hes probably Eddies favourite player.:lol:

The only way he goes is if Schar himself has decided to have a change but I doubt it.

In fact, hasn't he been doing his football directorate stuff? Wouldn't be surprised if we are grooming him for a role upstairs in the future.

2 hours ago, STM said:

As if Eddie is going to let him leave. Hes probably Eddies favourite player.:lol:

The only way he goes is if Schar himself has decided to have a change but I doubt it.

BDB says hi.

Actually a bit surprised he agreed to a one year extension. Could probably have gotten a longer deal elsewhere. There might be a extension clause in there.

Reckon he's well settled here.

Good news anyway.

Edited by The Butcher

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Best CB we’ve ever had at this point, he can stay as long as he wants. 

Initially sounds crazy, but when I think about it certainly think he's the best I can remember (born 85, so going back to early 90's). Woodgate would probably be up there, but wasn't here long and was always injure. Think if he progresses as people hope/expect Botman could pass him eventually. 

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Give over.

To be fair, he in that "Best of class" bracket in our modern history along with Woodgate and Coloccini, you could argue the sexy Swiss has been at it for longer too.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

That's a stretch tbh

He's definitely the best in my life time (33). Was only 6 or 7 when we had Albert so can't really comment, there's only really Woodgate you can compare Schar with. He's streets ahead of Coloccini.

He’s better than Colo by quite a way IMO, and of course Woodgate had everything but could never stay fit. 

I’d say it’s pretty clear that Schar is the best now. 

Botman might surpass him in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Who would you say is a better defender that has played for us?

Woodgate, Albert, Howey, etc etc just in my time.

Schar isn’t even our best centre half at the moment, let alone our best defender