The Magpie Group

Heron

Guest neesy111

I'm perversely glad I'm so far away from it now or the whole situation would drive me fucking insane.

How can be people be so blinkered?

By lowering standards etc across the club to where 3 wins on the trot is heralded as clear progress.

Like I posted the other day, the group need to save face and cancel the boycott and halt any planned protests inside the ground. Today goes to show why they need to.

not sure i get what you mean.

Uptake is feeble. When Sky mention next Sunday that there's a planned boycott before the game and hardly anyone is boycotting, that's only bad publicity for the MG, not Ashley. Appetite for protests just isn't there anymore. Today shows that.

It's not about publicity, it's about standing up and saying i'm not accepting this.  Keep the protests going even if it's one man and a dog because when Ashley's model fails again, and it will, when Rafa isn't backed in the transfer market again, when our workrate and organisation fails to mask the deficiencies in the squad there'll still be a voice there that people can rally around.

The word fickle has been flung around on here recently and it's probably true but we need to realise that works to our advantage too.  Keep the pressure up, keep the protests going and give people somewhere to turn when it inevitably starts going tits up again.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

They should definetly stick with the boycott.

Totally agree.

What other people think should be irrelevant. If you believe in the rationale, you should boycott. If you don't, then don't.

It's becoming clearer that a lot of our fans literally do not care about the future of the club. They care about their day out, beating the queue for a halftime pint, and leaving before the end so they miss the traffic home.

Sigh

The problem with boycotts and protests is that, largely, those of us who want to boycott already are, and have been for years.

I still think the protests must go on, including the boycott. But wee can't treat the other fans as the enemy, this is a battle for hearts and minds. Many of them can be won over, and fighting with them or calling them names won't achieve that.

Guest neesy111

c***s justifying jeering Perez FFS. :lol:

TBH there was as much jeering when a few protesters came in on eleven minutes as there was about Perez.

Neither should be taken too seriously as both were tiny minorities.

The Perez one wasn't, was clearly audible on PL match feed.

Unreal how many people were totally against this walk in today.

I walked in on the 11th minute like a lot of people did in the Strawberry corner. I took my seat and about 5 minutes later this young lad who sits just along from me comes up the steps with some chips and goes to get passed me. So I stand up to let him passed me, so he can get to his seat which is just along from me. As he was passing me he goes "have you being boycotting like?"

I said "Aye, I came in on 11 minutes" He goes "Why? What's the fucken point, he's not gunna leave just coz a few of you came in late is he?"

I said back to him "Well it's fucken better than just coming in and saying and doing fuck all. How long did it take you to get those chips? You've probably missed more of the match than me!"

Guest firetotheworks

Do these people have a "Trying is the first step towards failure" motivational poster on their walls or something? The only thing that's pointless is trying to convince them to do anything without thousands doing it first.

Guest neesy111

Do these people have a "Trying is the first step towards failure" motivational poster on their walls or something? The only thing that's pointless is trying to convince them to do anything without thousands doing it first.

It's ridiculous.  Ashley really does have many fans where he wants them.

Unreal how many people were totally against this walk in today.

I walked in on the 11th minute like a lot of people did in the Strawberry corner. I took my seat and about 5 minutes later this young lad who sits just along from me comes up the steps with some chips and goes to get passed me. So I stand up to let him passed me, so he can get to his seat which is just along from me. As he was passing me he goes "have you being boycotting like?"

I said "Aye, I came in on 11 minutes" He goes "Why? What's the fucken point, he's not gunna leave just coz a few of you came in late is he?"

I said back to him "Well it's fucken better than just coming in and saying and doing fuck all. How long did it take you to get those chips? You've probably missed more of the match than me!"

:lol: wow.

Just checked, I've been boycotting matches for over four years now (0-6 v Liverpool was my final game). I don't even miss it anymore, the club is just totally devoid of the hope and excitement associated with football, its an excitement vacuum. Why the fuck would I want to contribute my hard earned cash to that, let along the disgusting fat slug running the joint?

We are stuck with Ashley for at least another 3 seasons. He has just had the perfect storm. 3 games in a row we win (and that is mint as a supporter but some think well we can now fuck off the Wolves protest) BUT everyone around us have had decent result lately and we are back in the shit . So we lose and the fans that were thinking of boycotting now think ‘well hardly anyone bothered for the 11 minute walk in and now we are back close to the bottom so I won’t boycott the Wolves game as we need the points’

Ashley will then be thinking once again he can do whatever the fuck he wants and the Geordie public will do fuck all but turn up and let him fleece the club and the city.

Guest neesy111

Just checked, I've been boycotting matches for over four years now (0-6 v Liverpool was my final game). I don't even miss it anymore, the club is just totally devoid of the hope and excitement associated with football, its an excitement vacuum. Why the f*** would I want to contribute my hard earned cash to that, let along the disgusting fat slug running the joint?

Coming up to a year for me.

We are stuck with Ashley for at least another 3 seasons. He has just had the perfect storm. 3 games in a row we win (and that is mint as a supporter but some think well we can now fuck off the Wolves protest) BUT everyone around us have had decent result lately and we are back in the shit . So we lose and the fans that were thinking of boycotting now think ‘well hardly anyone bothered for the 11 minute walk in and now we are back close to the bottom so I won’t boycott the Wolves game as we need the points’

Ashley will then be thinking once again he can do whatever the fuck he wants and the Geordie public will do fuck all but turn up and let him fleece the club and the city.

"we need the points".

i keep asking people why they say this.

is it so we stay up and then spend fuck all and face another relegation battle next season?

wtf are people on? it beggars belief.

a couple of fan comments from the chronicle;

So what did that 11th minute walk I protest achieve? First of all it contributed to the defeat. Secondly, it very much dulled the usual excellent SJP atmosphere, especially riding one 3 wins in a row.

So well done for achieving absolutely nothing. Ashley, who wasn’t even at SJP, has already got your money and was probably laughing at you lot.

We win 3 in a row, on fire and confidence is brewing, and a majority of our world class fans decide to boycott until the 11th minute, well done to them part time supporters for setting the tone today and bringing the atmosphere down, you walking in on the 11th minute will really make Ashley sell....complete morons.

another one;

3 wins on the bounce, confidence and momentum building up ,Rafa asking for everyone to unite behind the team ......and we decide to stage a fan protest!!!  Absolutely ridiculous.  Poor atmosphere in stands quickly spreads to the pitch and we were flat on a day when 52k should have been  behind the team from the start. More of the same next we and we can kiss another 3 it's goodbye.

Do protests work? NO, and they will come back to hurt us. Far more likely to drive out Ra fa than Ashley and could well damage on going talks by Kenyons US consortium which are rumoured to be going well.

We've enough problems trying to stay up without self inflicted damage.