The Magpie Group

Heron

JCONA, I couldn't have put it better.  I think that's what I've been trying to imply.  The negativity of some on here beggars belief.  Do you know what?  These protests and boycotts may not have the outcome the Magpie Group would ideally like.  But I for one can look myself in the mirror and say "at least I tried".

It's only 30 days to respond. They'll just contact you saying they'll either need more time, or that they need I.D.

Just got my email requesting proof of ID

Same. They're asking for certified versions as well, which is basically obstruction because you often have to pay to have a document certified. I'm going to send a copy of my I.D and point out that it doesn't need to be certified under ICO regulations.

Do they specify who can certify? I do that at work all the time.

Guest firetotheworks

It's only 30 days to respond. They'll just contact you saying they'll either need more time, or that they need I.D.

Same. They're asking for certified versions as well, which is basically obstruction because you often have to pay to have a document certified. I'm going to send a copy of my I.D and point out that it doesn't need to be certified under ICO regulations.

They can't ask for it to be certified let alone specify who certifies it. The ICO consider companies asking for certified copies as being deliberately obstructive. Who'd have thought?

I agree it's going to fall flat on it's arse like, but cancelling would be more damaging to TMG than having a failed FIRST attempt.  If it fails and barely anyone does it, so be it, dust themselves off and crack on with their aim.  Be persistent and ignore the idiots who try to belittle them.

People who don't do a late walk in or boycott because 'support the team/3 wins/blah blah' need to get a grip.  See the bigger picture.

To be honest even if it's not widely supported I'm relatively happy to have a reason to have an extra pint before West Ham and to sack off Wolves and watch it in the pub, I'm not sure if that's down to my passion in supporting the goals of TMG, my general current apathy towards the match part of match day or my crippling alcoholism.

Whole walk-in should be cancelled tbh.

Think both protests should tbh.

Why?

They're going to fall flat on their arse, probably to the point of the media, mayhaps even Ashley himself just laughing at the attempts. That's due to a mixture of things, the Shirebrook shambles and subsequent loss of respect from some in the MG, recent form, the division caused by certain individuals and the fact the campaign has only had real publicity on Twitter. I think they'll end up going ahead and I'll be taking part regardless but I don't think it's right for them to go ahead.

If January goes tits up the desire for many fans to protest is reignited, if it goes well the MG can claim partial responsibility for that from the initial pressure. Right now, after a good winning run and good performances with upcoming matches against sides around us in the festive period, desire to protest from many fans is not high. It's just not worth it.

I thought you said you were boycotting wolves?

Personally i think people should just do it, if not many others join in that's up to them, but if people feel strongly enough about it they will do it anyway.

Like i am boycotting altogether, even if we get full houses, i don't feel like my protest is useless, it's what i FEEL is right, i'm not prepared to give him any more ticket money, and that's it.

I am still taking part. No idea why it read to some like I'm against the MG or the idea of protesting. It just doesn't seem like uptake will be great and if that's the case the critics will be on the case. And I didn't mean arbitrarily cancelling it, just having someone press the question to Rafa and him answering something along the lines that he needs the fans for support in a crucial home game, and use that as justification. But given his answer regarding the walk in, he'll be diplomatic as per.

Just my opinion like. Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't protest against the fat cunt. Anything but. :lol:

Rafas comments today are nice boost for tomorrow, i was fully expecting him to come out and say that fans should be supporting the team and behind the players.  If he had done then i would have expected loads on social media totally ripping into the whole idea but Rafa isn't daft and he knows the whole situation and he's virtually backing the protest with those comments, without obviously saying such as obviously he can't do that.

These were on total sport tonight, did anyone listen?

For those that are saying not enough  coverage of the protest, there’s an article on sky sports, article in the chronicle, article in the mirror, on nufc.com, mentioned in rafas press conference, been on radio Newcastle, been on various podcasts, Twitter, Facebook, leaflet hand out  I mean u must been living under a rock not to have heard about by now?

They can't ask for it to be certified let alone specify who certifies it. The ICO consider companies asking for certified copies as being deliberately obstructive. Who'd have thought?

Meh, just trying to do yous a favour, man. Crack on. :)

Everyone should take part if they can. At least they can say they tried.

These things often start small and grow. What happens at the first one is irrelevant, but everyone has the opportunity to say later on whether they did or did no take part from the outset. Be on the right side of history.