Marlon Santos

Rich

It's almost as if they knew he wouldn't get a work permit, they wouldn't do that though like.

Not really arsed at this point, I am more or less treating any transfer related news as club trolling. Unless it's a player being sold.

Really is the position to take, well unless you're Kaka the mad bastard...

Back up for Clarke rather than Florien then based on nothing other than this thread and the fact its less than 24hrs to go and we still mulling monitoring and thinking about how to spin that we had a great window

He's Brazillian, a youth international and a Barcelona player. Why would he be turned down?

The rules about international appearances or something, you know the rules that never apply to Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea's of the world, those rules.

Back up for Clarke rather than Florien then based on nothing other than this thread and the fact its less than 24hrs to go and we still mulling monitoring and thinking about how to spin that we had a great window

Impressive.

Impressive.

:lol:

Impressive.

I can't spell so what? I made a point if your contribution  is to take the piss then congrats

Don’t get the slagging off of the chap, he’s played at a higher level than most of our squad.

Default position now, not Rafa first choice then obviously it's a Joselu or a Manquillo, can hardly blame people for being cynical like.

Impressive.

I can't spell so what? I made a point if your contribution  is to take the piss then congrats

I can't speel neither mate, don't worry about it.

Impressive.

Don't protonise the poor lid, Bumpy.

How can Everton get a work permit for Bernard?

He has 15 Brazil caps, his last transfer was for over £20m and his wage will be huge. The financial side has a huge bearing on a work permit being agreed - a player paid more has a better chance.

In fact when they signed Funes Mori a few years back they had to significantly raise the transfer free from what they’d already agreed so he’d be get a work permit under the criteria.

Edit; found the article on Funes Mori - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-facing-battle-land-work-6311268.amp

They agreed £5m but ended up paying £9.5m to get the work permit.

Bad source but wiki page indicated 2 year loan meant nice were going to but him for 20million if thats true let's hope its the amount they wanted which was the deciding factor over him being awful Barcelona must have seen something in him. Worse case rafa is the best person to get the best out of the player. Worry  is another player that needs time to adapt and we are an injury away of playing him or kids such is the thin state of the back four options.

Facundo Ferreyra and Nacho Gonzalez got one. I honestly think this is just a "We thought he wouldn't get a work permit so we didn't try for one and got no one" lie instead.

They both have EU passports.

Impressive.

Don't protonise the poor lid, Bumpy.

:lol:  Never fails to make me laugh.

Has all the makings of being a flop for us like - small centre back who spent a season in France but returned to parent club because new manager didn't see him as part of first team plans. And we'd be chucking him into a fairly toxic atmosphere. What could possibly go wrong?