Marlon Santos

Rich

It's like, of all the Barça players available for transfer or loan, he's the meh-est of them all. He was hyped because he was great in the Spanish third tier, but the Spanish third tier is a pile of crap. Valverde asked to get rid after just spending a couple weeks in preseason with him, and then Nice cancelled the second year of his loan after 6 months with him. The trend is easy to see.

It's harsh, but the truth will set you free. He'll just be there to cover for Lejeune until he recovers, anyway.

The work permit process is illogical to me, tbf. Muto got a permit even though Japan are not in the top 50 of the FIFA rankings, which renders his international caps meaningless. Both played in good leagues last season and were contracted to teams in good leagues when we signed them. I assume he will have gotten through via the convoluted points system?

It's the home office. Unless the rules have changed I can't see how he could get a work permit. He needs to have played a certain percentage of national team games over the past two years; he's not played for the u21s since 2015 and never played for the senior team.

Absolute zero chance he gets a work permit.

Sigh. He's shit anyway.

The work permit process is illogical to me, tbf. Muto got a permit even though Japan are not in the top 50 of the FIFA rankings, which renders his international caps meaningless. Both played in good leagues last season and were contracted to teams in good leagues when we signed them. I assume he will have gotten through via the convoluted points system?

Germany is one of the ‘3 Big League’ where France isn’t, plus we paid a substantial transfer fee for Muto and have likely made him amongst the top 25% of earners at the club. That gives him enough points to qualify on appeal.