Marlon Santos

Rich

He seems like the ultimate ‘we tried’ player.

Find a player on the French scouting database graded with only a small chance of obtaining a work permit. Get it rejected at 4pm deadline day then release a statement blaming the FA for their failure to sign players.

He seems like the ultimate ‘we tried’ player.

Find a player on the French scouting database graded with only a small chance of obtaining a work permit. Get it rejected at 4pm deadline day then release a statement blaming the FA for their failure to sign players.

They’ll allow it, we’ll plead poverty, they’ll buy it, we’ll loan him.

It's the home office. Unless the rules have changed I can't see how he could get a work permit. He needs to have played a certain percentage of national team games over the past two years; he's not played for the u21s since 2015 and never played for the senior team.

It's the home office. Unless the rules have changed I can't see how he could get a work permit. He needs to have played a certain percentage of national team games over the past two years; he's not played for the u21s since 2015 and never played for the senior team.

Absolute zero chance he gets a work permit.

This is not how it works anymore.

Played for the U23s in 2015 as well. Normally the stronger the national team the lower the ‘cap’ criteria becomes due to competition for places. But yeah, do think this one may be beyond us. Unless Rafa starts crying at the hearing.

It’s still very much part of it. There are different areas which require scores, you can see them via this site - http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreigner-debate-the-fas-new-work-permit-regulations-explained/

From that I can’t see him getting more than a couple of points. Although he played in France it’s not one of the ‘top three’ leagues.

It’s still very much part of it. There are different areas which require scores, you can see them via this site - http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreigner-debate-the-fas-new-work-permit-regulations-explained/

From that I can’t see him getting more than a couple of points. Although he played in France it’s not one of the ‘top three’ leagues.

Aye, posted this when people were worrying about Muto. Think people are of the opinion that % of international games is the only factor, though, which is wrong.

If it’s gone to a hearing he’s clearly not got the required points.

Whether he comes in or not, this is our last move in the transfer market this summer.

Diabolical, even by our low standards.

Feel daft for being shocked we haven’t even been able to dig up a sub-standard left-back from somewhere on loan :lol:

Whether he comes in or not, this is our last move in the transfer market this summer.

Feel daft for being shocked we haven’t even been able to dig up a sub-standard left-back from somewhere on loan :lol:

Same here :lol:

That we’ve not bothered to sign a left-back AGAIN is criminal.

I know :lol: Just frustrating to read all the negativity around the deals we have made. Its not those deals, except not securing Kenedy permanently, that are wrong. It's the signings we haven't made so why bring it up in this thread?

You not got faith in Achraf "I got cut from the squad of the worst Serie A team in history" Lazaar, like?

You not got faith in Achraf "I got cut from the squad of the worst Serie A team in history" Lazaar, like?

Ashley's probably keeping Lazaar around in order to prove Rafa is not infallible in the transfer market. The cunt.