Newcastle United 0-2 Leicester City - 29/09/18 - post match reaction from page16

Greg

Its like we never left the championship and keep playing cup games against premier league teams each week.

We shouldn't be surprised like being shocked a getting divorce papers after being in a lifeless marriage for years. We know the problems have been there, that half the starting line up needed upgrading but that didn't happen and the club didnt act on it and support Rafa.

Doesn't make it any easier to sit through every week. Also think Ashley will thrive in leaving rafa in the mess rather than sacking him. As much as he would love to boast about sacking rafa making him walk without comp will be even better.

Someone tell me Joselu is any way better than Mitro, system or no system

Okay. Joselu is better at pressing and holding it up in this system. Mitrovic will tell you the same thing.

His hold up play today has been worse than anything Mitro produced.

In all of their other matches while at Newcastle, Joselu's has been better.

He certian;y hasn't mind the bloke is tter rubbish. He can't run, he can't link play, he can't control the ball and he certainly is not very good at putting the bal into the back of the net either.

Nor could Mitro while he was in this team. If we had a team in any way similar to Fulham's I'd possibly agree, but they're chalk and cheese.

Oh please. You can set whatever premise you want. Mitrovic is so much better than Joselu in every sense. He'd show it more here too with real backing from the manager and some confidence.

Fair enough if that's your opinion, just as long as you realise that both Rafa and Mitrovic have said exactly the same themselves.

I know what's been said. Rafa has stuck to his style, but in the same move forced out the only real attacking goal threat we had. That's still on him. We're doing fuck all now, so clearly a lack of judgement as things stand.

Of course he will buy turkeys all managers do. I've got no problem accepting that, do you?

Absolutely not, but your doing mental gymnastics to prove that Rondon wasn't his no1 target.

Wonder why we went for Plea first if that's the case.

Plea didn't want to come if you believe his own chairman who said they done a worse deal with Borussia so they could allow him to go there. After that it was Rondon.

So Plea was his number 1 target then.

Messi was.

Guest firetotheworks

Okay. Joselu is better at pressing and holding it up in this system. Mitrovic will tell you the same thing.

He certian;y hasn't mind the bloke is tter rubbish. He can't run, he can't link play, he can't control the ball and he certainly is not very good at putting the bal into the back of the net either.

Nor could Mitro while he was in this team. If we had a team in any way similar to Fulham's I'd possibly agree, but they're chalk and cheese.

Oh please. You can set whatever premise you want. Mitrovic is so much better than Joselu in every sense. He'd show it more here too with real backing from the manager and some confidence.

Fair enough if that's your opinion, just as long as you realise that both Rafa and Mitrovic have said exactly the same themselves.

I know what's been said. Rafa has stuck to his style, but in the same move forced out the only real attacking goal threat we had. That's still on him. We're doing fuck all now, so clearly a lack of judgement as things stand.

Imo you can't have that argument both ways. i.e. If Rafa had stuck with Mitrovic, but in the same moved forced us into playing an unsuitable style, conceded more, lost more etc. It's all hypothetical, but that's the whole premise of the small blanket analogy, that you can't fix one area without exposing another.

Imo you can't have that argument both ways. i.e. If Rafa had stuck with Mitrovic, but in the same moved forced us into playing an unsuitable style, conceded more, lost more etc. It's all hypothetical, but that's the whole premise of the small blanket analogy, that you can't fix one area without exposing another.

I don't think it's both ways at all. Considering how shit we've been looking, and how little points we've been collecting with our presumably best style, there wouldn't be much to lose.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think it's both ways at all. Considering how shit we've been looking, and how little points we've been collecting with our presumably best style, there wouldn't be much to lose.

At the moment, yeah. Over the time he was here with this team, there was little to suggest he was more of a priority than our overall organisation. Last season the decision to leave him out was vindicated imo. This season it's hard to know whether Mitrovic would make any difference over the nothing that's being produced by all of them, but either way it's pretty clear that he's far more suited to the way that Fulham play.

Guest firetotheworks

Fuck off, Merson.

No idea what he's saying because I'm not watching, but he was on The Debate the other night saying that he thinks Ashley's criticised harshly. :lol: At least with him you know that it's not because of any ulterior motive, he's just thicker than wall.

The whole place needs burning to the ground with a fair few of our 'fans' locked inside. To hear people moan on when the Ashley out chants started in the Gallowgate was very depressing. There was also a bloke in the Gallowgate west corner screaming for Rafa to sit down with about 5 mins to go arguing with someone who was leaving. Absolutely pathetic man. The poor bastard has literally assembled an entire squad with players valued at 10 mil or less. Of course we're going to struggle against average Premier League sides, even at home.

Due to Ashley's penny pinching and shit policies we went down in 2016. We returned only due to Rafa. Then he got us 10th and is working with his hands tied trying to avoid a THIRD and nearly 4th relegation under Ashley  yet people are still having a go at Rafa

Fucking incredible. Our "fans" these days really are clueless apathetic morons

Due to Ashley's penny pinching and shit policies we went down in 2016. We returned only due to Rafa. Then he got us 10th and is working with his hands tied trying to avoid a THIRD and nearly 4th relegation under Ashley  yet people are still having a go at Rafa

Fucking incredible. Our "fans" these days really are clueless apathetic morons

You give him praise for all of that, so why can't you see that he should be taking part of the blame for this mess too?

The misery is starting to effect my day-to-day, like. Everything is so awful.

Apathetic to this now. Totally could not give a fuck when their second went in.

Gone are the days that awful gut feeling when the opposition score.