Newcastle United 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion - 20/10/2018 - post match moans p17

Greg

Just think the players seem completely flatlined by it. We see it each cycle of relegation, “consolidation”, decay and relegation. Players realise they’re not playing for an actual sporting institution; just a massive billboard. Not even a man of upstanding moral fortitude and belief like Rafa can fight the tide. It’s really sad watching something I love so much get hollowed out in the name of comparatively minor profit.

This.  :jesuswept:

Why are we a worse team than we were last season?

Bear in mind we didn’t sell anyone that would be playing.

Because that's football, you always have to progress.  Also momentum was a big thing at the end of last season.

Never mind progression, we’ve gone backwards.

Others have gone forward where we've stood still.

Our momentium did get knocked by the Murray injury. Don't think we've been awful but really do miss that bit of quality. Kenedy just seems to look for Jonjo all the time - it's as if he thinks everyone else isn't worth passing to.

sad state of affairs when you have to say we need Joselu on ffs. Dunk and Duffy dominating these crosses with ease

Are these crosses actually any good?

A couple have definitely been there to attack

You can bet if we put Joselu on, the crosses will then fail to arrive.

Just think the players seem completely flatlined by it. We see it each cycle of relegation, “consolidation”, decay and relegation. Players realise they’re not playing for an actual sporting institution; just a massive billboard. Not even a man of upstanding moral fortitude and belief like Rafa can fight the tide. It’s really sad watching something I love so much get hollowed out in the name of comparatively minor profit.

:thup: as usual.

The players who fought so hard for two years have essentially burned out and the summer's incomings aren't good enough to represent an upgrade.

Think we've looked good in spells, much the better side. Shelvey & Kenedy with some good football. Unlucky not to have pulled one back already, if we can manage it in the next 20 minutes or so I reckon we'll go on to win.

HWTL.

Which end are we attacking second half?

Our momentium did get knocked by the Murray knock. Don't think we've been awful but really do miss that bit of quality. Kenedy just seems to look for Jonjo all the time - it's as if he thinks everyone else isn't worth passing to.

If our momentum got knocked by the Murray incident, then it just confirms we are a bunch of pussies, nothing else.

Think we've looked good in spells, much the better side. Shelvey & Kenedy with some good football. Unlucky not to have pulled one back already, if we can manage it in the next 20 minutes or so I reckon we'll go on to win.

HWTL.

neither

HWTL.

neither

:lol:

HWTL.

neither

Guest neesy111

Look at Shelvey after the foul leading upto the first goal.

:rant: :rant: He uses the goalie's shorts to pull himself up and Debravka stumbles a bit, jesus I have never seen something so stupid for a long time!

Well it wasn't a foul on him.