Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

Guest alijmitchell

Tbh I've long thought that some of our fans are utterly miserable bastards since I got my first season ticket aged 13 and my second match some old bastard launched a pie at me for standing up (during the stand up if you love the toon song).

:lol: Must've really pissed him off to give up a precious pie. Probably took him about 11 minutes to buy that thing.

It was like half eaten with the foil folded up round it

Tbh I've long thought that some of our fans are utterly miserable b******s since I got my first season ticket aged 13 and my second match some old b****** launched a pie at me for standing up (during the stand up if you love the toon song).

:lol: Must've really p*ssed him off to give up a precious pie. Probably took him about 11 minutes to buy that thing.

Dem details :lol:

What type of pie was it?

I hear you though, i used to have a ST in the east stand and i was the only one in my area trying to get behind the team, then you get dirty looks for doing so, f***ing weird.

Also, how come there are so many OAP's in the east stand in comparison to the rest of the ground?

Just had a text from my lass who's been to about 4 games in the last 10 years.  "Guess who's coming to the match on Sunday?".  Been given a ticket by someone who can't make it.  Trying to explain why I have it off work but will watch it in the pub instead of going up with her.

Guest alijmitchell

Tbh I've long thought that some of our fans are utterly miserable b******s since I got my first season ticket aged 13 and my second match some old b****** launched a pie at me for standing up (during the stand up if you love the toon song).

:lol: Must've really p*ssed him off to give up a precious pie. Probably took him about 11 minutes to buy that thing.

Dem details :lol:

What type of pie was it?

I hear you though, i used to have a ST in the east stand and i was the only one in my area trying to get behind the team, then you get dirty looks for doing so, f***ing weird.

Also, how come there are so many OAP's in the east stand in comparison to the rest of the ground?

Just adding a little colour to the conversation... O0

It was some kind of brown - clearly mince or steak. Turned me into one of those typical gravy-stained, replica shirt wearing mags we keep hearing of

Think that’s fair to be honest, and is a clear get out of jail free card for TMG. The timing of the boycott is horrendous, it’s win-win for them to sit back and call this off. Either he sells and it’s no longer needed, or he doesn’t (and spends nowt in January) which will mean support for it is far, far greater.

Think that’s fair to be honest, and is a clear get out of jail free card for TMG. The timing of the boycott is horrendous, it’s win-win for them to sit back and call this off. Either he sells and it’s no longer needed, or he doesn’t (and spends nowt in January) which will mean support for it is far, far greater.

:thup: My thoughts exactly. I'll still partake if the MG have it going ahead though.

Agree 100%.

Yep and the lack of numbers for the walk-in will see even less doing the boycott!

Surely that’s exactly what Ashley was hoping would happen when he went on Sky the other day?

It should 100% still go ahead IMO.

The walk-in was an embarrassment, and this will be worse now.

Just because someone came up with a protest plan doesn’t mean it should be stuck to rigidly. Circumstances change.

Surely that’s exactly what Ashley was hoping would happen when he went on Sky the other day?

It should 100% still go ahead IMO.

The walk-in was an embarrassment, and this will be worse now.

Just because someone came up with a protest plan doesn’t mean it should be stuck to rigidly. Circumstances change.

The only circumstances that have changed are that a proven liar has gone on telly and tried to manipulate the situation, and a few journalists that previously knew nothing have jumped on the bandwagon.

It's all PR, unfortunately, and the PR around the walk-in was not good for the most part. I applaud absolutely everyone who did it, but the protest itself was mismanaged and poorly communicated from day one. That's not the fans' fault.

The PR around going ahead with a boycott when the likes of True Faith and all major local journalists who generally support TMG's cause are saying DON'T would be the final nail in TMG's coffin.

Agreed