Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

Surely that’s exactly what Ashley was hoping would happen when he went on Sky the other day?

It should 100% still go ahead IMO.

Nope e genuinely would'nt give two fucks

Think that’s fair to be honest, and is a clear get out of jail free card for TMG. The timing of the boycott is horrendous, it’s win-win for them to sit back and call this off. Either he sells and it’s no longer needed, or he doesn’t (and spends nowt in January) which will mean support for it is far, far greater.

Agreed.

I like True Faith, especially the podcast. But that statement is very misguided IMO, and makes them look like mugs.

Call off the protest based on rumours, the likes of which we've had many times before? Surely any potential buyer would be aware of the context anyway? Not to mention the harm done to the just cause of fellow fans (TMG).

When we're sold, stop protesting. 

I like True Faith, especially the podcast. But that statement is very misguided IMO, and makes them look like mugs.

Call off the protest based on rumours, the likes of which we've had many times before? Surely any potential buyer would be aware of the context anyway? Not to mention the harm done to the just cause of fellow fans (TMG).

Can totally get your point but when Caulkin as well as the others come out with stuff verifying it, there's no smoke without fire. Obviously the fat cunt can shaft us at any point but given the circumstances as well as previous events and communications from the MG, I don't think it should go ahead. That doesn't mean stop the protests by any means, just postpone this particular one.

TF just coming out with that statement without telling the MG is bad craic iyam. Surprised particularly at the podcast lot who seem like good lads (and lass).

It's all PR, unfortunately, and the PR around the walk-in was not good for the most part. I applaud absolutely everyone who did it, but the protest itself was mismanaged and poorly communicated from day one. That's not the fans' fault.

The PR around going ahead with a boycott when the likes of True Faith and all major local journalists who generally support TMG's cause are saying DON'T would be the final nail in TMG's coffin.

I have to disagree.  Whether walk-ins and boycotts are seen as success by our fans are largely irrellevant, the fact that there is some action is.  The Spurs boycott was seen as a failure but it still made Ashley go on TV before actually spending some money in the transfer market that summer.  Everything is worth trying and some action is better than no action.  The minute you start cancelling things he’ll believe he’s winning.

Can totally get your point but when Caulkin as well as the others come out with stuff verifying it, there's no smoke without fire. Obviously the fat cunt can shaft us at any point but given the circumstances as well as previous events and communications from the MG, I don't think it should go ahead. That doesn't mean stop the protests by any means, just postpone this particular one.

TF just coming out with that statement without telling the MG is bad craic iyam. Surprised particularly at the podcast lot who seem like good lads (and lass).

But why should you postpone a protest because someone might buy us? Are they going to call off the purchase? If anything it strengthens the hand of a buyer because it makes Ashley more motivated to sell.

Can totally get your point but when Caulkin as well as the others come out with stuff verifying it, there's no smoke without fire.

Absolutely not having a go at George, but it was him who pushed the Amanda Staveley story last year.

But why should you postpone a protest because someone might buy us? Are they going to call off the purchase? If anything it strengthens the hand of a buyer because it makes Ashley more motivated to sell.

It would, if thousands took part. I think it's clear that they won't.

It's not about letting pressure off or stopping all protests. It's postponing a particular one, when rumours are rife and appetite for it isn't high.

Rumours, exactly. Shouldn't make a difference.

And neither will having it go ahead increase the amount of people doing it that took part in the walk in.

Can totally get your point but when Caulkin as well as the others come out with stuff verifying it, there's no smoke without fire.

Absolutely not having a go at George, but it was him who pushed the Amanda Staveley story last year.

Which was true. He saw all three bids. It's the fat cunt shifting the goalposts that messed that one up, only that time he didn't have people going after SD.

Can totally get your point but when Caulkin as well as the others come out with stuff verifying it, there's no smoke without fire. Obviously the fat c*** can shaft us at any point but given the circumstances as well as previous events and communications from the MG, I don't think it should go ahead. That doesn't mean stop the protests by any means, just postpone this particular one.

It would, if thousands took part. I think it's clear that they won't.

It's not about letting pressure off or stopping all protests. It's postponing a particular one, when rumours are rife and appetite for it isn't high.

Rumours, exactly. Shouldn't make a difference.

And neither will having it go ahead increase the amount of people doing it that took part in the walk in.

There's only one way to find out.

Anyway, some boycott is better than no boycott.

Aye, the journos aren't even the issue on these stories, it's the fucking sources. I'm sure the club / Mike leak exactly what they want to be published. I'm sure it's a nightmare trying to filter all the shit that comes to the desk of Caulkin et al.

Guest neesy111

Which was true. He saw all three bids. It's the fat cunt shifting the goalposts that messed that one up, only that time he didn't have people going after SD.

He didn't really change the goalposts, she came in with a lower offer and they couldn't agree terms after.

True faith being Ashley's bitch :lol:

Imagine letting the pressure off now man. This is the time to double down and ramp it up.

I get what you're saying, but the walk-in was a flop and has just caused division between fans, far better to postpone this one and go again with far more people on board if/when he fucks up the sale and/or spends nowt in January.

Obviously keep up all activities directed at SD in the meantime, as that seems to get right under his skin.

He didn't really change the goalposts, she came in with a lower offer and they couldn't agree terms after.

That's not entirely true, they'd verbally agreed a deal and he rang Sky and dismissed her as a timewaster after a boozy lunch meeting.