Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

I like True Faith, especially the podcast. But that statement is very misguided IMO, and makes them look like mugs.

Call off the protest based on rumours, the likes of which we've had many times before? Surely any potential buyer would be aware of the context anyway? Not to mention the harm done to the just cause of fellow fans (TMG).

When we're sold, stop protesting.

Can totally get your point but when Caulkin as well as the others come out with stuff verifying it, there's no smoke without fire.

Absolutely not having a go at George, but it was him who pushed the Amanda Staveley story last year.

Which was true. He saw all three bids. It's the fat cunt shifting the goalposts that messed that one up, only that time he didn't have people going after SD.

He didn't really change the goalposts, she came in with a lower offer and they couldn't agree terms after.

His valuation was outrageous. £350m-£400m back then was what he was asking wasn't it? Fairly certain she offered £300m (the price he's going to be accepting now by all accounts), although that might've been one of the bids with clauses.

I try to steer clear of having much of an opinion on protests etc being the other end of the country. But I don't get how just calling a boycott off because the uptake will be shit is any better to going ahead with it? If people don't want to join in then fine, but surely keeping any pressure on with the (however few) people willing to still do it is better? I just see cancelling it as letting him off the hook. This idea of it not being the right time makes no sense to me; surely now is as good a time as any? To show that there's fans out there that won't swallow his shit 'trying to sell, promise' patter?

I try to steer clear of having much of an opinion on protests etc being the other end of the country. But I don't get how just calling a boycott off because the uptake will be shit is any better to going ahead with it? If people don't want to join in then fine, but surely keeping any pressure on with the (however few) people willing to still do it is better? I just see cancelling it as letting him off the hook. This idea of it not being the right time makes no sense to me; surely now is as good a time as any? To show that there's fans out there that won't swallow his shit 'trying to sell, promise' patter?

👍

It’s actually a great time to protest.  It’ll show him that this isn’t going away until a sale is confirmed.  People waiting for the perfect time to protest are going to end up waiting too long and it’ll be too late by then.

True faith being Ashley's bitch :lol:

Imagine letting the pressure off now man. This is the time to double down and ramp it up.

I get what you're saying, but the walk-in was a flop and has just caused division between fans, far better to postpone this one and go again with far more people on board if/when he fucks up the sale and/or spends nowt in January.

Obviously keep up all activities directed at SD in the meantime, as that seems to get right under his skin.

The problem with that is, if history is anything to go by.  We will continue to lap up the shit he serves and yet another window of spending nowt and another failed (assuming it isn't genuine/doesn't happen) takeover isn't going to galvanise the fans all of a sudden. 

There will always be those that just turn up regardless, support the team, not the regime etc.  Plus more and more fans like myself, who just have an evergrowing sense of apathy towards the club.  I used to follow the team up and down the country when they were equally shit and badly run and mis-managed.  But I just can't even be arsed these days if I am totally honest.  I'm going to the Watford game as a couple of mates were keen.  But I'd rather not bother, which I never thought I'd find myself saying/typing.

Every time people go on like this particular incident will be the straw that broke the camel's back.  Then everyone just carries on as they were.  I don't see why this will be any different.

Guest firetotheworks

Michael Martin in being a self-serving, attention-seeking, obstructionist cunt shocker. :lol: I wonder what the police said.

That said it was always the wrong decision anyway imo. Boycotts while Rafa's here are a waste of time,  but if TMG decide to not go ahead based on a potential sale, it gives them a justifiable excuse - albeit with a million holes in it. Integrity is everything with these things though and after Shirebrook I worry that they'll have none left with another cancellation, unless there's a really good excuse.

Michael Martin in being a self-serving, attention-seeking, obstructionist cunt shocker. :lol: I wonder what the police said.

That said it was always the wrong decision anyway imo. Boycotts while Rafa's here are a waste of time,  but if TMG decide to not go ahead based on a potential sale, it gives them a justifiable excuse - albeit with a million holes in it. Integrity is everything with these things though and after Shirebrook I worry that they'll have none left with another cancellation, unless there's a really good excuse.

If the question can be put to Rafa which it will, if he answers with something along the lines of that it's a crucial game (which it may well be given Wolves' form and position in the league) and needing support for it then can they not go off of that?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

If the question can be put to Rafa which it will, if he answers with something along the lines of that it's a crucial game (which it may well be given Wolves' form and position in the league) and needing support for it then can they not go off of that?

Didn't say that before the west ham game though did he

Didn't say that before the west ham game though did he

The word 'if' was key to that suggestion.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think that applies to Wallace tbh. Michael Martin's a fucking Wellend though, self-serving Jim Branning looking cunt.

Have sent from being staunchly in favour of the boycott to sacking it off. TMG despite their efforts haven't been able to sort out a united front, not that it's solely down to them to achieve that.

In hindsight arranging a single game protest a month in advance was never going to work. Not missing a 2nd game in a week when nee fucker can be arsed. Better methods of protest required.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I like true faith. Alex and this podcast guys do a great job with the podcast. Last thing we need is for the fans to be even more divided than we already are.

I don't know like, they're prone to some wonderful exaggeration. Every time we win a game they think we're going to get into Europe. They were saying top 6 clubs should sign Diame towards the end of last season as well

think it would serve TMG well in the long run to postpone the boycott.

can still protest though, just not the boycott.

if the sale doesnt happen, they can stand back and say "look, we were reasonable and let things settle as not to damage the chances of a boycott". think you'd get thousands changing their views and agreeing to support TMG in feb.

if the boycott goes ahead and the sale falls through it will cause even more negativity towards TMG.

Think cancelling the wolves boycott is a win-win for TMG in the long run.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

It appears that Alex knew nothing about it and MM just released a statement with his name on it

He's put his name to it though, so unfortunately for him it's now his craic

Just listening to the last TF podcast, Alex definitely seems to support the idea of protesting.

Protesting or boycotting? He's right when he says the MG shot themselves in the foot by having in stadium protests in consecutive weeks.