Leicester City owner amongst 5 killed in helicopter crash at King Power stadium

Guest pricedoutoftoon

Dreadful events, it breaks your heart to imagine what it was like for those on-board and even for those having to stand and helplessly witness it.

Has to be said, there's some psychopaths in this thread. Really ill people talking about our owner in response to such a tragedy. 'Geordiedean' you genuinely have issues, man.

Would a drone bring down a chopped in this manner? I just thought these days fans use drones etc, could have been filming or waiting for the players like some have said and filming on the drone,  with it being dark at night they are very difficult to spot.

Extremely unlikely that a drone would take a helicopter out.  Also, drones are a massive no-no at football matches.

Don't get why people can't accept that things sometimes break and things sometimes go wrong.  People keep trying to invent some nefarious event that caused that helicopter to crash.  Pure speculation and completely un-needed during tragedies such as this.

Exactly its a machine machines break down and malfunction from time to time. Thousands of people on a daily basis are killed on the roads due to their vehicles having similar issues.

People talking about drones and other kinds of plots need to just accept that even with intense safety programs in place that machines will invariably malfunction and unfortunately when its an air based machine the outcome is a tragic nature

Would a drone bring down a chopped in this manner? I just thought these days fans use drones etc, could have been filming or waiting for the players like some have said and filming on the drone,  with it being dark at night they are very difficult to spot.

Extremely unlikely that a drone would take a helicopter out.  Also, drones are a massive no-no at football matches.

Don't get why people can't accept that things sometimes break and things sometimes go wrong.  People keep trying to invent some nefarious event that caused that helicopter to crash.  Pure speculation and completely un-needed during tragedies such as this.

Nobody's trying to invent anything. In truth like probably many many people out there, you know far beyond this forum theres millions of us, we were all sat there last night watching the news and wondering, you know a bit curious, not malicious, not uncaring, just turning to the missus and saying I wonder how the heck that happened. And then I thought all though you might think insensitive what could have caused such a tragic event.

Tons of people speculate, tons of people were claiming and speculating on the fatalities, it's obviously tragic but don't jump on people's backs for just being a bit curious. I'm sorry I can't be more like yourself and think of course these things are something that happens things go wrong and things break, because helicopters break all the time just after take off.

What can we possibly do ?

Offer them support, guidance, and even a bit of information from experience is how to deal with it, and how the investigation etc and all that will be conducted. Ok so lot of of it they will get from the police and support agencies, but sometimes it’s more meaningful when someone who has been in a similar situation is just there.

It would be nice if our fans offer support to the fans of Leicester as well, particularly those who had to or were involved in it.

Considering our situation with our club and aircraft accidents, I hope our club are doing their best to offer as much support to Leicester right now.

Our club has not directly been involved with anything like this. Having 2 of our fans affected in a tragic accident that was politically motivated is a very different scenario entirely

Considering our situation with our club and aircraft accidents, I hope our club are doing their best to offer as much support to Leicester right now.

Our club has not directly been involved with anything like this. Having 2 of our fans affected in a tragic accident that was politically motivated is a very different scenario entirely

Fair point. My view is that despite being poor on everything, the club back then was very much involved with the families and such over it. Of course no two incidents are going to be the same, and Leiecester will no doubt be wanting to deal with it in their own way. My point was that hopefully our club would be more willing to offer them support that goes beyond a tweet or phone call.

Nobody's trying to invent anything. In truth like probably many many people out there, you know far beyond this forum theres millions of us, we were all sat there last night watching the news and wondering, you know a bit curious, not malicious, not uncaring, just turning to the missus and saying I wonder how the heck that happened. And then I thought all though you might think insensitive what could have caused such a tragic event.

Tons of people speculate, tons of people were claiming and speculating on the fatalities, it's obviously tragic but don't jump on people's backs for just being a bit curious. I'm sorry I can't be more like yourself and think of course these things are something that happens things go wrong and things break, because helicopters break all the time just after take off.

About a year ago I was asked by a big company, can`t say who, NDA signed, to do some undercover work and investigations into fake inferior helicopter parts making it into the supply chain. I know of others going undercover abroad to investigate the same thing only to find out some some shocking stuff. 

Really struggled to even think what to post about this today. I seriously can’t comprehend what Leicester city fc are going to be feeling following this awful tragedy. Just doesn’t seem real. Heartbroken for everybody involved.

I do wonder why the news is so slow to come out regarding victims/survivors. It could have been so so much worse. If the pilot managed to avoid all of the housing deliberately he’s an absolute hero.

Guest neesy111

Really struggled to even think what to post about this today. I seriously can’t comprehend what Leicester city fc are going to be feeling following this awful tragedy. Just doesn’t seem real. Heartbroken for everybody involved.

I do wonder why the news is so slow to come out regarding victims/survivors. It could have been so so much worse. If the pilot managed to avoid all of the housing deliberately he’s an absolute hero.

They will not release information until they know who exactly was on-board and families etc have been notified.

They will not release information until they know who exactly was on-board and families etc have been notified.

Oh I get the reason why, just in today’s age these things are usually established within the first 12 hours.

Looking at the overhead shot of the wreckage...the pilot is an absolute hero for guiding it to that empty land. No way was that chance.

I lived two streets away from the place.its very built up.

My mrs was at uni there, spent many hours walking round there. Amazing that this accident wasn’t worse.

Do helicopters have a black box?

I presume they do and I gather that will be able to give information as to what happened?

I never really knew about him before this, from what I have read he was a great person. Amazing what he achieved with Leicester.