Newcastle United 1-0 Watford - 03/11/18 - post match casual finishes from pg 13

Disco

Ki was great. Fuck knas where he fits if Shelvey is fit, though I wouldn't even be bothered if Shelvey was dropped for a bit

In place of Diame.

Nah, Diame is the legs. Teams would slice through Ki/Shelvey more than they already do imo

Fernandez is like a better Lascelles

Man people are always keen to rewrite history, Lascelles has been superb quite frequently, unfortunately he is a confidence player and seems to lose form for fair stretches.

Nah he's consistently pretty solid and good in the air but he's awful on the ball

Bit of a weird way of making that point you've apparently made like Triggs but fair enough.

Guest firetotheworks

Man people are always keen to rewrite history, Lascelles has been superb quite frequently, unfortunately he is a confidence player and seems to lose form for fair stretches.

Nah he's consistently pretty solid and good in the air but he's awful on the ball

Howay man. Last season he was solid as f*** and easily our best player after Diame.

Aye that's what I said :lol:

"SILENCE! I concur."

Robot_Elders.jpg

Ki was great. Fuck knas where he fits if Shelvey is fit, though I wouldn't even be bothered if Shelvey was dropped for a bit

Could he play instead of Diame, or would that make the midfield a tackle-free zone?

Shelvey seems more combative than Diame lately.

If we do sign anybody we could do with a midfield destroyer. Maybe Rafa would go back to 4-2-3-1

Could he play instead of Diame, or would that make the midfield a tackle-free zone?

Shelvey seems more combative than Diame lately.

Shelvey might be a much better footballer, but he's nowhere near as good at closing down midfield as Diame. Not that Diame's great, just Shelvey is pretty bad at it.

Bit of a weird way of making that point you've apparently made like Triggs but fair enough.

I was saying "Nah" to the confidence player and losing form bit. I rate Lascelles as a defender and thinks he's been decent this season but I think Fernandez has looked a bit better and I think Schar should start as he can play football

I was saying "Nah" to the confidence player and losing form bit. I rate Lascelles as a defender and thinks he's been decent this season but I think Fernandez has looked a bit better and I think Schar should start as he can play football

Fair enough.

Ki & Schär were real positives.

It really highlighted what a miss Lejeune has been and although Fernandez has done ok, he’s not great on the ball.

When Ki came on we suddenly looked comfortable on the ball in midfield. Shelvey can really pick a good pass but is he actually a good midfield player? Btw, Ki still looks way off match fitness..

Rondon did ok too. He’ll improve with more games.

Fantastic result, Watford have demolished us regularly for a few seasons so this was always going to be a tough game.

crossed my mind as shelvey went off that it might work in our favour, sometimes even with your best player things don't come off and others step up in their absence that makes things click a bit better

as a defender that kenedy tackle was pure :sweetjesus:

Howay man. Last season he was solid as f*** and easily our best player after Diame.

Aye that's what I said :lol:

"SILENCE! I concur."

Robot_Elders.jpg

:lol:

Well thought he started slow last season but was indeed very good for a lot of it, my point was more he doesn't dip and vary much every game, but rather has bad patches every now and then in the course of seasons, last one was his best for us and as such wasn't much of it out of form.