Newcastle United 1-0 Watford - 03/11/18 - post match casual finishes from pg 13

Disco

Was the goal our only effort on target? :lol:

Nah, there was some other shot. They only had that one shot in the first half on target n all. Shocking quality in the final 3rd.

Just seen the goal.  Was never a free kick and Perez is a cunt for celebrating like that.

Nevertheless, 3 points is 3 points #17thplacelegends

Unlucky

0_Newcastle-United-v-Watford-FC-Premier-League.jpg

They were by far the better side first half. After they hit the bar at the very start of the second half momentum was on our side, highlights on MotD don't show it that well. Surprised they didn't show the scrap towards the end, was wondering what happened.

Made out as though it was a smash and grab. Like I said, the team wanted it. Ok so we never made as many clear cut chances, but our players were all over the Watford players, especially in the 2nd half. We worked hard all game, and though Watford had the clearer chances they lacked quality more so than us.

It would have been nice for them to show the chance that would have made it 2-0 which everytone thought was over the line.

Seen the Gray elbow at the end, clear red.

Who was the last player to get sent off against us? And when?

Paul Gallagher of Preston in April of the Championship season. In the Premier League, Bradley Johnson of Norwich in January 2014 for a scuffle with Remy, who was also sent off.

If we hadn’t have had those injuries I shudder to think how the match would have played out.

Schär would have never gotten on the pitch.

Rondon would have been hooked for Joselu after 60 mins and Perez for Muto with 8 mins remaining.

Rafa will collect the win but the reality is that if we hadn’t picked up injuries we wouldn’t have won here.

It’s worrying to think that there’s a better team in our squad that will probably never get picked unless it’s through emergency.

Seen the Gray elbow at the end, clear red.

Who was the last player to get sent off against us? And when?

Paul Gallagher of Preston in April of the Championship season. In the Premier League, Bradley Johnson of Norwich in January 2014 for a scuffle with Remy, who was also sent off.

The FA also accepted Johnson's appeal and threw Remy's out.

If we hadn’t have had those injuries I shudder to think how the match would have played out.

Schär would have never gotten on the pitch.

Rondon would have been hooked for Joselu after 60 mins and Perez for Muto with 8 mins remaining.

Rafa will collect the win but the reality is that if we hadn’t picked up injuries we wouldn’t have won here.

It’s worrying to think that there’s a better team in our squad that will probably never get picked unless it’s through emergency.

I think the Ki sub was, er, key.  He came on and just kept things ticking over in midfield with short passes, keeping possession, moving it about whereas Shelvey was trying to hit killer passes too much.  With Ki in there we could retain possession and build our attacks a bit slower.

we were awful in the first half and struggled to deal with the movement of Watford, clearly looking the worst team in the league by far, the crowd were quiet and by the looks of it the 11th minute protest again was a none starter, this crowd seems devoid of fight.

then i think the turning point was when we used all our subs and the team needed lifting and this is when the crowd started to help the team and they visibly responded to it, fighting, Kenedy was tremendous in the second half for me, much better than of late, they all looked like they wanted it and won it through sheer guts.

clearly we are sh1te but with belief and fight they can just stay up, just, for me the crowd won this for them, they got them going and shows just what it can be like when everyone is up for it, hard to do anar.  O0

ho hum. fucked up our chances against brighton and lost, watford fucked up their chances against us and lost.

Exactly. MOTD edited it to look like a different game. Yes they had good opportunities they did nothing with but for example we had one 2nd half that i was amazed stayed out. As for the stamp incident. Imagine Mitro had done that in his time here. How many times have we been retrospectively punished after things have been highlighted by TV yet that didn't get a mention?

It didn’t look like there was any contact to me on the replay

As ever, there is plenty of incidents throughout the match where they got free kicks that were never freekicks and we never got free kicks that should have been, and that’s not taking into account the stamp, the elbow, and the fact that they should have been down to 10 men for two bookable offences before that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Watford played some great football and look a well balanced side with lots of potential. If they had a finisher up front we might have saw not just a record worse start to the season and run of home losses but a record home defeat. We were shocking and although we battled hard after the break and the subs helped us change the game, Watford still tore us a part at times and it was desperate stuff from us. A win is a win though. This game reminded me a lot of the West Ham game away last season. Was happy for Rafa and did a mini cheer when we scored. The win means nowt to me though, mind a defeat wouldn’t have either. Atmosphere sounded canny at times from the stream I watched. Was Ashley’s presence that won it for us though...