Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Love him. 

Looked every bit a senior player aswell after coming on so early. Put a really good performance in, especially first half. Was surprised to see him on the left for a change but he was very effective in what he did. 

3 hours ago, dave s said:

i lept up shouting when it went in, poor dog nearly shit itself was fast asleep in front of me .. what a goal between him and tino 

Hardest moment of my life, managed to stop just short of yelling "holy fuck!" in front of my three year old.

The one-season wonder, turning into a two-season wonder. That's four goals in just under 11x90 minutes, three of them to open the scoring and only the Sheff Utd goal as a stat booster.

A player can only do it for so long before the doubters have to admit they are good at football.

16 hours ago, alexf said:

Love him. 

Looked every bit a senior player aswell after coming on so early. Put a really good performance in, especially first half. Was surprised to see him on the left for a change but he was very effective in what he did. 

Interestingly Bernardo Silva has played recently on the left and looks even more effective for man city, it hints in a change of football philosophy by pep in terms of whether the inverted winger is required now. 

Would be delighted to see miggy play there more often 

On 02/11/2023 at 03:46, Miercoles said:

Hardest moment of my life, managed to stop just short of yelling "holy fuck!" in front of my three year old.

not sure where you’re from mate but it’s not a phrase often heard on Tyneside having said that the 2nd word I.e. fuck your bairn will know by age 4.. but it’s only words tbf 

On 02/11/2023 at 06:31, Stottie said:

The one-season wonder, turning into a two-season wonder. That's four goals in just under 11x90 minutes, three of them to open the scoring and only the Sheff Utd goal as a stat booster.

A player can only do it for so long before the doubters have to admit they are good at football.

And two of those coming from the left, bit of food for thought there.

2 hours ago, David Edgar said:

He looked strong out there under Rafa iirc.

Yeah I seem to remember Perez having his only consistent run of goalscoring for us just before we sold him when Almiron kept getting to byline down the left and cutting it back for him (and Rondon).