Miguel Almirón

Deuce

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

I mean that’s an absurd thing for anyone to say, even for a Canadian Man U ‘fan’.

He’s a good player with incredible workrate and under Howe a goal threat too, but come on. He’s not even our best winger.

He’s from Manchester to be fair. Not that it makes it any less of an odd opinion.

either way I wasn’t going argue 😅

1 hour ago, Solitude20 said:

It’s the time of the year for his purple patch. 

I actually thought that Sheffield goal could be important for his confidence, and then he delivered this screamer the next game. Wont take it for granted, but hope we will see something similar to what we saw the last season.

10 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Was really impressed with him yesterday, aside from his brilliant goal, thought he carried the ball really well and was a constant threat.

This. Even if he hadn't scored yesterday, he was doing some great stuff yesterday. A few times he popped up centrally and shimmied through a couple of tackles I thought it was Bruno at first.

16 hours ago, Erikse said:

I actually thought that Sheffield goal could be important for his confidence, and then he delivered this screamer the next game. Wont take it for granted, but hope we will see something similar to what we saw the last season.

Aye potentially a huge goal. And credit to Almiron. That goal was pure desire - and one of the worst goals another team has conceded against us - the defending was utterly pathetic. It was simply desire vs no desire. You could see on Almiron's face how much that goal meant to him. 

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Love that he got our first CL goal in twenty odd year.

Grafted his nads off and did well, although for the 10-15 mins after he scored he must have give the ball away about 5 times :lol:

He's playing with attacking intent, he could probably give the ball away less if he played it sideways or backwards. Tonali also gave the ball away a few times trying to feed the ball through tight spaces after creating openings under pressure with close control. I feel Howe is bringing the best out of Almiron by getting him to play more aggressively.