Miguel Almirón

Deuce

27 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Madness the amount of stick Miggy gets mind, Guiterrez got exactly the same from a large section of our fanbase and was a very similar type of player, never understood it.

Because for where we want to be he's not good enough, so it would be frustrating to see him still starting next season.

34 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Because for where we want to be he's not good enough, so it would be frustrating to see him still starting next season.

You could say that for other players as well but Miggy gets far more stick than anyone really, he's a better option than say Murphy for example but he hardly gets any stick.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Madness the amount of stick Miggy gets mind, Guiterrez got exactly the same from a large section of our fanbase and was a very similar type of player, never understood it.

Really? I don't see that tbh.

I think he's a good squad player to keep around, based off his physical attributes. We'll do well to find someone with his work-rate and tenacity that we can rely on to help close out games.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

21 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

You could say that for other players as well but Miggy gets far more stick than anyone really, he's a better option than say Murphy for example but he hardly gets any stick.

He's not good enough either, but Murphy is less of a headless chicken than Almiron so isn't as infuriating to watch.

22 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

He's not good enough either, but Murphy is less of a headless chicken than Almiron so isn't as infuriating to watch.

I think people just like right-footers playing on the right because it feels more correct to us. 

However many years after signing to do this exact thing, Miggy gets loads of stick for cutting inside onto his left. It’s borderline bizarre. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think people just like right-footers playing on the right because it feels more correct to us. 

However many years after signing to do this exact thing, Miggy gets loads of stick for cutting inside onto his left. It’s borderline bizarre. 

Yeah cause he does it every single time, you literally know what's coming before he does it.

Good left footed wingers playing on the right mix it up.

He just gets the ball passes to Bruno and runs for the one two every time.

Or he'll just run inside like red rum head bobbing up and down then blaze it over.

I like Miggy and feel there potentially is a player worth keeping for his work rate, but then on flipside, he's a sellable asset who won't be a regular, and can only play RW.

At least with Murphy, you have option of him being a useful emergency RB, so you get extended use out of him within the squad. Miggy, it's just RW and for the running output. He's just at an unfortunate time, where for a back up RW, you need them to either offer more versatility if the main guy is the star, or they need to youngster with potential.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think with trippiers demise it's maybe hurt almiron? The system seemed to work perfectly when Tripps almost played like a natural right winger behind him. 

I think the inside forward thing will always cause debate, especially in this circumstance where Murphy has been more productive in terms of chances created from the right (plus goals and assists, although by no means significantly).

You also look at isaks body language and you know he's expecting something to come in from Murphy where he can commit to a run....with almiron he doesn't which is a sign of incompatibility.

I watched dembele for France and the panel kept saying he's got to cross the ball better, but his right foot is non existent. When he did come inside his efforts were absolute shite (not one game, all tournament) but then you see saka curl one in for England and then you understand why they do it (plus about a thousand goals from Messi, Ronaldo and Salah. 

I always think of the Robert and ginola debate, ginola (yes his left foot was good) but ultimately was a natural right footer, yet his overall goal scoring was disappointing. Robert a left footer without the luxury of cutting inside still scored far more goals from that area of the pitch and also put far more crosses in. 

Eventually there will be new systems where inside forwards are phased out, but for now I just think if it's not working, go with the more productive option. 

I heard there's a secret envelope ready to be deployed the day he is sold. Inside is a list of people he's never liked, it isn't a very long list, but half of it includes Newcastle-Online users. 

Almiron doesn’t do anything particularly useful with his left foot that’s the problem. 

Mbeumo plays the same role - he’s going to get into goal scoring positions and finish his fair share. 

Kudus plays the same position - he can create and score from very little. Can also beat a man. 

Palmer and Olise when fit - scoring, creating, beat a man and playmaking from a RW position.  Imo that’s the profile of player we need. 

I like Almiron’s attitude. I’m concerned that we won’t find a buyer mind.  

Him and Matt Targett must be on good money man.  We couldn’t shift either in one of those dodgy deals ffs.  

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Paraguay winger Miguel Almiron, 30, is in advanced talks to leave Newcastle for an unnamed Saudi Pro League club. (Football Insider)

I’ll be sad to see him leave, I know his end product lacked, but his work rate and attitude didn’t.

It's more the drop off from the Purple patch to the norm...

I know confidence is a massive thing in football and he must have felt amazing during that period but surely he must know the only way for that to continue was to repeat the process.

I can't remember him cutting in from 30 yards out and shooting last season.. more running as far as he could then passing back.

Maybe his injury was part of the mental process and he was scared to fully use his pace.