Miguel Almirón

Deuce

9 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

So were Man Utd with Ashworth, and that moved quick when we blinked. Think if club wants rid, and there’s someone genuinely interested, a deal will be made.

Not like the value is going to be there next summer.

I guess it just depends how far apart they are. Also if the Madueke deal is very doable they may decide to cut their losses as you say.

Some of the shit he’s had on twitter is absolutely ridiculous. You’d think he was one of the worst players to ever pull on the shirt! Was he frustrating to watch? Absolutely. Did he always put a shift in? Most definitely. Ya can’t fault his attitude - always turned up with a smile and did his best. His purple patch of two years ago was quite something too. I wish him well if he’s going - we just need more consistency and quality in that final third now.

9 hours ago, Gawalls said:

You can’t have bad wishes on a guy for not wanting to live in a dessert just so we can have a bit more cash on hip.

I don't have bad wishes on him personally and never have, if anything I supported him when he used to get called worse than shit back in the days before Howe. But when we lose promising players because we had to sell someone for PSR reasons, and we end up losing a lot of money because players want to sit on their contracts, I do feel miffed. That's nothing personal, just as he wants the best for himself and his family, I want the best for Newcastle United. Him staying wasn't it.

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

I think much will depend on how much Eddie rates him. If he doesn’t want to lose Miggy a paltry offer won’t help to convince him.

Depends if getting him off the books releases enough money to get a replacement. The rumour is Madueke at the moment, but I can't see any club outside of Saudi giving us any sort of sizeable transfer fee, so might be dead in the water already.

1 hour ago, BennyBlanco said:

Some of the shit he’s had on twitter is absolutely ridiculous. You’d think he was one of the worst players to ever pull on the shirt! Was he frustrating to watch? Absolutely. Did he always put a shift in? Most definitely. Ya can’t fault his attitude - always turned up with a smile and did his best. His purple patch of two years ago was quite something too. I wish him well if he’s going - we just need more consistency and quality in that final third now.

Totally agree.

That purple patch was a huge contributing factor to us getting top 4.

10 hours ago, Gawalls said:

You can’t have bad wishes on a guy for not wanting to live in a dessert just so we can have a bit more cash on hip.

If I had to guess which of our players would want to live in a dessert it'd be Bruno the Kinder Beuno guzzler aka Sweet Tooth Guimaraes

Didn't Charlotte FC just sign Tim Ream? I can see this going through with it being a massive coup for them. A USMNT legend returning back to the States, and a former MLS star would be top business for them. 

Just now, TRon said:

No one will outside of Saudi.

He'd be worth 15m to someone like Leicester or Everton or even Palace. His wages would be top end for them but it would be doable.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Nah. They need quality in the final third.

Ah, your going with the "he's just shite" thing? 

As opposed to the "he's a good player but we need a little bit more" viewpoint.

15 minutes ago, STM said:

He'd be worth 15m to someone like Leicester or Everton or even Palace. His wages would be top end for them but it would be doable.

Doubtful, all three of those clubs are trying to sign players in that position and none have come in for him. 

16 minutes ago, STM said:

He's in his 30's, no one is paying £15m. He'll be here playing for us this season, and we'll not be signing an upgrade unless we are ready to accept about half of that.

His age and profile (doesn’t score many goals) mean he’s not going for 15m in the PL. he’d want decent money and a 4 year deal, it wouldn’t work financially for the buyer.

To move in the PL you’d have to accept 5m

The more I think about this the more I think the situation with our RW is nowhere near as bad as is being made out. Yes, we could do with an upgrade and I believe that an elite would transform us, however, it's not as if we're sticking Michael Bridges or Fabrice Pancrate out there, is it? Both Murphy and Miggy are serviceable (to an extent) and are likely to put in a handful of very good performances between the two of them. And if Madueke is the potential replacement this window then I'd much rather see Mitchell etc spend another few months working on a better deal for a better player.

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

The more I think about this the more I think the situation with our RW is nowhere near as bad as is being made out. Yes, we could do with an upgrade and I believe that an elite would transform us, however, it's not as if we're sticking Michael Bridges or Fabrice Pancrate out there, is it? Both Murphy and Miggy are serviceable (to an extent) and are likely to put in a handful of very good performances between the two of them. And if Madueke is the potential replacement this window then I'd much rather see Mitchell etc spend another few months working on a better deal for a better player.

Agree with this. Most people are letting their frustrations with Miggy personally cloud the fact that we are already one of the best attacking teams in the league. We’ve never had any problems scoring goals, it’s the other end of the pitch that was the issue last year.

59 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Agree with this. Most people are letting their frustrations with Miggy personally cloud the fact that we are already one of the best attacking teams in the league. We’ve never had any problems scoring goals, it’s the other end of the pitch that was the issue last year.

Miggy has always been good at tracking back for defensive cover.