Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Think I’ve been unfair on Miggy if I’m honest. You can’t not appreciate his effort and willingness and I like him but unfortunately I’d like a new right winger more and if him staying means we don’t get one I’d rather he moved on 

3 hours ago, Kimbo said:

My biggest problem with our RW options isn’t even the number of goals and assists, it’s how often we seem to lose the ball when we go up that side. Both of them lack the technical ability to hold onto the ball and pass it around in tight spaces and it can turn games into basketball matches.

This is also something I had in mind but didn't want to come across as super negative. :lol:

I have no issue with Miggy, in fact I really like him as a player.

I have no issue with Murphy, in fact I really like him as a player. 

I DO have an issue with our two RW options being Miggy and Murphy as for me they are just too similar and lack the quality to be a regular starters in a top 6/4 side. Either is an excellent bench/specific game plan option but I don't see keeping both as a viable option as it prevents us strengthening a key area of the team for three reasons.

1. We can't support in a squad of 25 with three places allocated to RW alone.

2. Keeping both means money is tied up in them that is needed due to PSR to buy that improved RW.

3. Keeping both and signing a new RW creates a blockage in our development pathway so promising attacking midfield/wingers from the youth teams would struggle to get any minutes as there would be 3 senior players all competing for the same (limited) minutes.

One has to go even if that is a player I like for below their market value.

5 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I have no issue with Miggy, in fact I really like him as a player.

I have no issue with Murphy, in fact I really like him as a player. 

I DO have an issue with our two RW options being Miggy and Murphy as for me they are just too similar and lack the quality to be a regular starters in a top 6/4 side. Either is an excellent bench/specific game plan option but I don't see keeping both as a viable option as it prevents us strengthening a key area of the team for three reasons.

1. We can't support in a squad of 25 with three places allocated to RW alone.

2. Keeping both means money is tied up in them that is needed due to PSR to buy that improved RW.

3. Keeping both and signing a new RW creates a blockage in our development pathway so promising attacking midfield/wingers from the youth teams would struggle to get any minutes as there would be 3 senior players all competing for the same (limited) minutes.

One has to go even if that is a player I like for below their market value.

Agreed, we have two back up quality RW and two starting quality LW

I love Miggy - he's one player you can never say hasn't always give 100% when he's played.  But his ability isn't at that level we need in order to progress - he does a lot of the dirty work which I think doesn't get enough credit for but just lacks that cutting edge we need going forward.  Hopefully this is a good opportunity for him and the deal happens.

The MLS front office will be falling over themselves to get this done and help Charlotte out imo. It looks good for them. Former MLS legend returns to MLS. They love that type of shit and it makes the league look more attractive. 

Whether they will bend the rules enough to front 15m? I guess we will see. As @TRC said, £12m or so will probably seal it.

We need to improve and him and Longstaff same side meant we were useless compared to the left but his ability to press/chase back etc has been useful, we just need to improve that side to progress.

Just now, nemtizz said:

No idea who that is but pay up, bitches

Wonder if they've decided they'd rather put that money + a bit more to get Almiron. Also saw a few comments about them only having one designated player (foreign player) slot open, so might be the case that they've decided they want to fill that slot with Almiron instead of this lad.

12 minutes ago, Fenham Mag said:

If Charlotte want a superstar they need to pay superstar money, Miggy is a generational talent.

Damn straight

‘Premier League Player of the Month for October 2022’

Could pop off again like that at any moment 

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1963360942/calvin-stengs-trekt-stekker-uit-deal-met-charlotte-fc-en-blijft-feyenoord-trouw

Apparently Charlotte tried to renegotiate Stengs's salary after the medical raised concerns and so he decided to pull the plug on the transfer.

Could be good for us. Might mean they're desparate to sign someone before their window shuts.