Miguel Almirón

Deuce

6 minutes ago, Aiston said:

It's more than what 95% of the rest of them did on the pitch today...

You can't bring yourself to criticise Miggy can you? :lol:

He's been poor for two games, with a few flashes of quality. It's not enough at this level.

3 minutes ago, 1892er said:

You can't bring yourself to criticise Miggy can you? :lol:

He's been poor for two games, with a few flashes of quality. It's not enough at this level.

Course I can. He was the least of our problems today despite cunts targeting him and only him for criticism.

He still forced an absolute worldy save and hit the post....which is FAR more than can be said for 95% of the team who are avoiding any criticism :lol:

Edited by Aiston

Miggy in a nutshell today. Press, running, drive, getting into positions, all key parts of how we play - but the finishing lets him down. 

Love him but if we want to be competing at the top we need better on the right and Miggy on the bench. Wasn't a priority for this window and I broadly agree with that, but has to be for next summer at the latest.

Can't wait for us to buy a right winger to usurp him. He's a good option to have but starting each and every week his lack of quality starts to show - last week at City it stood out like a sore thumb too. I can only assume he has pictures of Howe in a compromising position to stay on ahead of Gordon today.

Just now, Pilko said:

Can't wait for us to buy a right winger to usurp him. He's a good option to have but starting each and every week his lack of quality starts to show - last week at City it stood out like a sore thumb too. I can only assume he has pictures of Howe in a compromising position to stay on ahead of Gordon today.

Who can we buy that doesn't look poor vs City though.

Just now, Aiston said:

Who can we buy that doesn't look poor vs City though.

He was getting in the positions and making crap decisions or failing to execute the pass properly, someone with more quality would have exploited that. City aren't completely invulnerable.

Just now, Pilko said:

He was getting in the positions and making crap decisions or failing to execute the pass properly, someone with more quality would have exploited that. City aren't completely invulnerable.

Literally hardly anyone exploits that though. City are the best in the world and barely touchable, judging players on how they play against City right now seems a bit crazy...especially when they were the least of our problems against City if no one else could even do that.

Was hoping we won today so I could come on here and criticize him without being accused of a kneejerk reaction.

Obviously, he has lots of good qualities, but in an attacking sense he keeps holding us back. Wish we had Murphy on today. It was reminiscent of our pre-Murphy Feb-March form from last season.

I’ve been critical of him in the past but can’t see why he should get so much stick today. He had couple of really good efforts and couple of poor ones but he wasn’t the problem today.

Way more disappointed with Barnes’ cameo, made TAA’s life easy and fucked up badly on the only good run he made when Wilson was in a great position.

Edited by Pata

4 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Literally hardly anyone exploits that though. City are the best in the world and barely touchable, judging players on how they play against City right now seems a bit crazy...especially when they were the least of our problems against City if no one else could even do that.

You sound like you're still living in the Ashley era. We finished 4th last year, we've got money and ambition now, we should absolutely be looking to beat City - not expecting it, but we should be aiming to do so. We will buy better than Almiron and that player should be of sufficient standard to show their quality in the bigger fixtures.

I admit I'm not his biggest fan but I still want him to do well, learn and play to his strengths... But there was one moment today which summed him up in my eyes.

Edge of the box, one on one with Van Dyke and drives inside onto his right... Only to realise he had to cut back on to his left.

Surely this must be discussed in training as even learning to swing his right foot at the ball should at least set up a chance??

When you look back and tot up all his contributions he usually ends up in credit but he needs to be scoring with at least some regularity to justify the bad stuff, there's at least a couple of instances every game that are just infuriatingly stupid like the 3 on 3 in the first half he fluffed with a reverse pass for Trippier. He has no ability to think on the fly at all, he decides what he wants to do about 5 second in advance and usually does a poor job of disguising his intentions to the opposition.

Insane to me that some people think Bruno had a good game and blames Almiron for yesterday.

Worked his ass off and had two shots to the bar/post. If those had gone in it would have been a 10/10 performance. Our only dangerous player along with Gordon that game. But since he didnt had the margins on his side he is just a limited player(who the fuck isnt?)

Personally i think Miggy is our weakest link, but, this is the season to prove otherwise.

One purple patch last season gave him his only decent return for us in 5 seasons. In this team, if he's half decent he should be getting 10 goals and similar assists this season.

Gets in loads of good positions, and rarely makes anything of it. Scored in 10 out of 40 games last season, needs to improve on that this one.

He almost scored two goals that would be potential goals of the month. He did some great work but that shot he lifted ten yards over the bar from 8 yards was a killer. Acres of space, no pressure on him. I love Miggy but to not even get that on target was criminal 

Love Miggy but he's got such a lopsided skillset where he's verging on world class in some areas but has huge weaknesses in other areas so it's fairly easy to focus on the stuff he is incapable of doing when results don't go our way. Thought he was absolutely fine yesterday, just have to accept that he is never going to be a perfectly rounded footballer and has some fairly major limitations.

Come to accept that miggy will fluff as much as he creates and he needs zero time to consider his options.

He's always available and always willing to run, but that lifted shot man[emoji38]:suicide: could see his body arching back in advance.

Although frustrating, I think he's been decent in the opening games.

Didn't feel overly frustrated with Miggy yesterday; only a worldie save and the post denied him two absolute bangers. Poor execution on the one that he skied but I think it looked worse than it was cos it came at him high and wasn't an easy finish. 

That old cliche of how things would be worse if he wasn't getting chances. Hence me being far more irritated by Isak and Wilson's respective no-shows, Barnes' lack of composure, and frankly zero attacking that from any of the middle three. 

There's very little purpose pointing to his output over the entire span of his time here when nearly 50% of that is under Steve Bruce. Amazed it gets brought up so much.

Unless your point is to demonstrate that he isn't a world class player who will flourish under literally any conditions and requires systems which suit his strengths, which everyone already knows.