Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Perfect for the "run at tired legs" role. He'd excel at it. Not surprising his form has taken a dive when he's basically had to play every second.

Even a bit of rotation with Murphy as the season winds down will see him pick up again.

7 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I mean, that’s clearly not true.

I think it is. His half season purple patch last year raised his stock somewhat but he's reverted to type now.

18 minutes ago, Beth said:

I think it is. His half season purple patch last year raised his stock somewhat but he's reverted to type now.

I think he would've been a lot better if it wasn't for the Bruce years. He's limited but he's much more useful than a lot of people think. Especially in a pressing team. 

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think he would've been a lot better if it wasn't for the Bruce years. He's limited but he's much more useful than a lot of people think. Especially in a pressing team. 

Yes like I said I think he'd be useful coming off the bench next season. However another downside for him is he has just turned 30, and age is less kind to wingers than any other position on the pitch.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He's not actually a bad footballer if you take his end product out of the equation. Technically he's far superior to Murphy, much better touch, speed of thought and movement. He just falls apart when he enters the final third of the pitch, but to be fair, Murphy's hardly any better.

Plays as a sub very well, always slots in immediately and isn’t passive. I think we’ll sell him in the summer as he’s one of the few players we could sell, get a half decent fee for and not damage our first team but I’d have no issue with him staying to be first sub on the right 

I really like him as a sub against tired legs or seeing a game out. He's got a place in the squad unless we get an FFP-tastic offer imo.

Lovely bloke and always gives 100% but he's too limited for where we want to be.  Bring in a class RW over the summer, keep Murphy as backup and get what we can for Miggy.

13 hours ago, huss9 said:

his first touch from the bruno no-look pass was amazing. shame the keeper got out so fast to make the save.

True, but it also highlighted his biggest weakness. That pass was perfect for hitting first time with his right foot. The touch no matter how good gave the keeper time to close him down.

6 hours ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

True, but it also highlighted his biggest weakness. That pass was perfect for hitting first time with his right foot. The touch no matter how good gave the keeper time to close him down.

harsh.

On 03/03/2024 at 07:34, Geordie_once_removed said:

I thought he should have hit it first time as well.

Eh? It's a pretty big stick. It's not a moral fault that he can't use his right foot more than twice a season, but it is a footballing fault. His one-footedness means he has to achieve the spectacular, as at Fulham, or he achieves nothing.

I would rather sell murphy, bring someone new in, and have miggy as back up. He is better as an impact sub and also to press/harrass in the final stages of the game.

7 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

I meant not scoring the goal of the season on Saturday. 

Yeah, exactly. He had to either score the goal of the season by hitting it first time with his left, or do nothing useful and let the goalkeeper collect it, which is what happened. With a right foot it would've changed up the options a lot - it would've been less amazing but much more effective.

Looking at it again, you could argue that Gordon should've been more alert for a first time low cross, but then again he may have known there was zero chance of that happening without a time delay for the inevitable cutback.

Already getting angry about Monday. Just hate him so fucking much. Why can’t he use a right foot like John Terry or Dennis Wise would do. Sickening.

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Already getting angry about Monday. Just hate him so fucking much. Why can’t he use a right foot like John Terry or Dennis Wise would do. Sickening.

Plus the little git's always smiling as well. It's like he's revelling in his one-footedness and how much it annoys people.