Miguel Almirón

Deuce

5 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

'Makes him a special promise for the next time he scores for the club'

I mean talk about empty promises...

To be fair, he even got in there first with that one. It’s a really nice video, he’s obviously a good bloke. Didn’t know that about his sister 

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

To be fair, he even got in there first with that one. It’s a really nice video, he’s obviously a good bloke. Didn’t know that about his sister 

yeah, and i think i heard somewhere he lost a brother too.

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

It's called 'PR'

no tbf i've seen a lot of stuff on social media etc abiut him and his sister/family.

and it seems very genuine.

Edited by huss9

24 minutes ago, huss9 said:

no tbf i've seen a lot of stuff on social media etc abiut him and his sister/family.

and it seems very genuine.

I'm not doubting that at all - but pushing it out there is almost certainly trying to divert away from the Almiron thing. It's just PR people doing their jobs.

32 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

I'm not doubting that at all - but pushing it out there is almost certainly trying to divert away from the Almiron thing. It's just PR people doing their jobs.

Has the Almiron thing got any life at all outside of this forum? Genuine question. It just looks like a person with an understanding of disability doing what he can to help people to me. 

I wouldn't say that it's all about the Almiron thing either - he's generally had a bit of a hammering of late from a few quarters, and overblown no doubt.  It'll be showing everyone that Grealish isn't such a bad guy and ensuring his image is okay. Nothing wrong with it but doing that has value to Man City and his agents etc.

Just now, elbee909 said:

I wouldn't say that it's all about the Almiron thing either - he's generally had a bit of a hammering of late from a few quarters, and overblown no doubt.  It'll be showing everyone that Grealish isn't such a bad guy and ensuring his image is okay. Nothing wrong with it but doing that has value to Man City and his agents etc.

I would be stunned if he was going along with using his sister’s disability to improve his image in this way, but who knows 

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

I would be stunned if he was going along with using his sister’s disability to improve his image in this way, but who knows 

I don't imagine anyone has set out to do that, it's likely stuff he's been doing all along. But there's no harm in making it more visible. And that is completely fair enough.

11 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Has the Almiron thing got any life at all outside of this forum? Genuine question. It just looks like a person with an understanding of disability doing what he can to help people to me. 

exactly.

again, it dpoesnt matter what his rasons are, its great for kids or parents with kids with disabilities.

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Grealish probably feels pretty embarrassed by the whole charade I reckon but has he even talked about what he said since? Feels like he just needs to apologise and say it was uncalled for in an interview but he hasnt got the bottle/class to do it unfortunately 

Yeah, seems strange, is he on social media? Just one little comment or something. I noticed Guardiola specifically name checked Miggy before our game as a good player, which felt almost like a pointed comment to Graelish

14 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Grealish probably feels pretty embarrassed by the whole charade I reckon but has he even talked about what he said since? Feels like he just needs to apologise and say it was uncalled for in an interview but he hasnt got the bottle/class to do it unfortunately 

dunno, like. Seems like the type of guy to say “bUT DOES HE HAVE A PREMIER LEAGUE MEDAL?” which is what their fans say anytime Almiron and Grealish’s names are mentioned.