Miguel Almirón

Deuce

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Miggy can speak English, some people just prefer to still speak their native language for whatever reason. Aguero was the same.

Aye, speaking in a second language is one thing (and can already be challenging), public speaking in a second language (in an interview that demands thinking on the spot) is a completely different beast. 

Well done, Miggy!

Wilson mentioned in his podcast that Miggy speaks and understands English really well. Which is no surprise considering he's lived in English speaking countries for near enough 8 years. If he's more comfortable speaking his native tongue publicly that's fine but he obviously speaks English with his teammates.

Edited by Mazzy

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Miggy can speak English, some people just prefer to still speak their native language for whatever reason. Aguero was the same.

Not being critical of him but if he could speak English would he need the chap to translate Downie's questions?

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Not being critical of him but if he could speak English would he need the chap to translate Downie's questions?

I'm sure I read about that with Miggy, behind the scenes he was OK, perfectly adequate, but uncomfortable once a camera was there for fear of speaking not so well, and not wanting to mess up.

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It depends I suppose, speaking in a second language is much easier than listening in a second language.

17 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Loved the point at which the ball came over his head and he played a perfect cross with the outside of his left boot rather than use his right [emoji38]

That was CL level class football, no two ways about it. He's doing it consistently as well now. I'm not being funny, but some of the football he is playing wouldn't look out of place in a Pep Guardiola side.