Miguel Almirón

Deuce

We desperately need another RW, thought that was obvious when we were coming to the end of the transfer window and not buying one was a massive mistake.

I'm not the biggest Almiron fan but he gets too much blame when things are going badly.

2 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

I like him and yes he works hard but he's just too inconsistent in his finishing and final ball, also think we'd look better and more balanced with a right footer there. No room for sentiment it's clearly a place where we can improve.

I agree that we should be looking to replace him for a player who can cross and who is less one-footed. However, whoever that player ends up being, I’d still be happy with Almirón getting lots of minutes as the work he does for us is massive for the overall team. Having a player who always gives everything is extremely important too. We all want a more dangerous RW but that doesn’t mean Almirón is just completely done in this team

Just now, Shak said:

We desperately need another RW, thought that was obvious when we were coming to the end of the transfer window and not buying one was a massive mistake.

I'm not the biggest Almiron fan but he gets too much blame when things are going badly.

Hes shite man he's been over hyped for the last 12 months but the truth is he's nowhere near a top 6 premier league player 

30 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Hes shite man he's been over hyped for the last 12 months but the truth is he's nowhere near a top 6 premier league player 

Literally key in us getting Champions League football, while the rest couldn't hit a barn door :lol:

4 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Literally key in us getting Champions League football, while the rest couldn't hit a barn door :lol:

Come on man he runs about a lot scores the odd goal but he's extremely limited

He is the most 1 footed footballer I've ever seen, how a professional footballer can't use his weaker foot at all is beyond me, he should be working on that weakness every day

Throw in the amount of chances he wastes he's just not good enough 

If he's not good enough for other top 6 sides why should he be good enough for us

3 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Come on man he runs about a lot scores the odd goal but he's extremely limited

He is the most 1 footed footballer I've ever seen, how a professional footballer can't use his weaker foot at all is beyond me, he should be working on that weakness every day

Throw in the amount of chances he wastes he's just not good enough 

If he's not good enough for other top 6 sides why should he be good enough for us

Stuart Ripley and graeme wilcox were the same but they were very effective even robben. 

Is his right foot

A. That bad or

B. He's got a mental block which makes him shit scared to use it

I've never ever known a more one footed footballer. Surely he Has worked on it in all the years he has been a professional

Edited by jack j

12 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

I like the guy, but without his running / energy he’s almost pointless as he can’t pass, cross and his shooting is erratic at best. Hopefully next season he can be an impact sub which would suit him perfectly. 

This basically, upgrade in January and use his pace and energy from the bench.

22 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

After some immense performances last week, he's been canny tragic this week. Nature of the beast with him.

Likely due to the situation but I've found his tracking back the last 2 games to be very poor.

Wonder why that could be ?

54 minutes ago, andycap said:

Stuart Ripley and graeme wilcox were the same but they were very effective even robben. 

Those 2 played on their strong side and were whipping balls into the box for Shearer,Sutton and Newell

And are you seriously comparing Almiron to Arjen Robben come on man