Miguel Almirón

Deuce

But no goals and no assists so he must’ve been absolutely shite, unfortunately that’s how it works and will be remembered next time they don’t win.

He is allegedly a forward, that's how they are judged, do they score or assist.

He is like a salesman who does all the customer care but never sells.

He is a luxury we can't afford

But no goals and no assists so he must’ve been absolutely shite, unfortunately that’s how it works and will be remembered next time they don’t win.

What absolute hogwash :lol:

What absolute hogwash :lol:

Ok 13 games, 0 goals 0 assists as a forward. How is that a decent set of stats? I get he runs a lot but he doesn't deliver. Like I said he is a salesman that doesn't sell

P10, W6, D1 L3 with him starting in a 3-4-3 system.

Now try saying again he’s a luxury we can’t afford?

Shola is a one goal in 14.4 games forward and (rightly) gets slated, so unless he sets the world on fire next weekend he is a sholaesque forward, and in two weeks will drop behind  the apple eater

Shola is a one goal in 14.4 games forward and (rightly) gets slated, so unless he sets the world on fire next weekend he is a sholaesque forward, and in two weeks will drop behind  the apple eater

That's a wild comparison. :lol:

Why? I am comparing the stats of two towards, one of which is lauded here with another who isn't ( but it would seem was more effective in his role)

Why? I am comparing the stats of two towards, one of which is lauded here with another who isn't ( but it would seem was more effective in his role)

Shola Ameobi came through the ranks, was local, had the likes of Robson, Shearer, Ferguson, Bellamy, Keegan, Owen, Viduka, etc to learn from and was still fucking awful.

Almiron has arrived from a different culture, not speaking the language well, and looks a footballer, making an instant impact on the way we played.

Shola is and out and out striker.

Almiron has been played as a forward in just two games this season, where the management team didn't even instruct him to stay high up the pitch. He is an attacking midfielder.

Please chill ozzrahog, that's not a good comparison at all.

Shola was also lethargic and rather dimwitted. Stop it.

He is an attacking pest in the Suarez, Firminho, Kuyt, Bellamy mold. I have been very impressed with him in the three games of yours I have seen. He definitely needs to score and assist but you cant value his contribution by that alone. If he is made available for 25-30 million in the winter transfer window, I am betting a number of the top 6-10 clubs will bid. I can see LFC being definitely interested. He is a perfect Klopp player.

He is an attacking pest in the Suarez, Firminho, Kuyt, Bellamy mold. I have been very impressed with him in the three games of yours I have seen. He definitely needs to score and assist but you cant value his contribution by that alone. If he is made available for 25-30 million in the winter transfer window, I am betting a number of the top 6-10 clubs will bid. I can see LFC being definitely interested. He is a perfect Klopp player.

The players you mention could score and had the luxury of playing in teams that could score. NUFC aren't a free scoring team that's why he is a luxury we can't afford, in the same way Tino was a luxury we could afford

The players you mention could score and had the luxury of playing in teams that could score. NUFC aren't a free scoring team that's why he is a luxury we can't afford, in the same way Tino was a luxury we could afford

Compare us with him and without him and when we played to his strengths, which could be even better with the pace of Joelinton and Saint-Maximin, did you watch how last season teams shit themselves and had to change how they defended against us ? But no stats say..... .. .

Again...

P10 W6 D1 L3 F14 A10 Pts19

Why is he a luxury we can’t afford?

He's had just over a dozen games in the Premiership, a league usually quite difficult for South American players to get used to, if anything he's shown real promise in his performances, not that he's a waste of money bollocks ffs.

Again...

P10 W6 D1 L3 F14 A10 Pts19

Why is he a luxury we can’t afford?

Again played 13 scored 0 assist 0 if you insist on stats. His contribution to your selective stats is fuck all

He's had just over a dozen games in the Premiership, a league usually quite difficult for South American players to get used to, if anything he's shown real promise in his performances, not that he's a waste of money bollocks ffs.

Like that other south American (that Rafa didn't want) that is 1 in 3

If you're only valuing him on goals and assist you're missing the point. Those will come, but he's never going to score at a rate most top strikers would because he's an attacking midfielder being played as a forward.

He makes our team better when he's on the pitch which makes him not a luxury player.

He's probably our most important player :lol:

He makes massive contributions both defensively and offensively.

Offensively he moves well and finds space, carries the ball extremely well and  is a threat in behind with his pace.

In a more attack minded team, he would have registered goals and assists by now, but we don't play that way.

It will come though, and I would predict once he gets the monkey off his back he will become far more clinical.

Like that other south American (that Rafa didn't want) that is 1 in 3

And how much better was that 1 in 3 South American today having the luxury player being allowed to link up with him because of the formation they were played in?