Newcastle United 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 09/12/2018 - post match from p20

Greg

The last time we had a player sent off against us in the Premier League. Absolutely f***ing ridiculous. Boly's literally just jumped up and full blast elbowed Perez in the face, in the penalty area, right in front of the ref.

Play on.

Almost 6 years ago. If I didn’t laugh I’d cry. :lol:

:lol:

I got it wrong, but there's barely any difference. It was January 2014 the last time an opposition player was sent off, and December 2013 the last time we had any man advantage.

Fucking hell :lol:

Struggling to give a fuck any more like.

Not me, I was gutted. Strange that when I think I don't care it is made obvious I do.

Thought Ayoze and Atsu had their best games for us in a long time, and Dubravka is just a beast. Both Ki and Diame were pretty poor compared to the last few games, and Lascelles had an absolute 'mare.

Three at the back can be effective, but shoehorning Yedlin in at centre half in order to keep that shape seemed an odd choice (especially with Lascelles having such a poor first half). Either Dummett's not fit, or Rafa sees Yedlin as a better centre half option than Dummett.

The subs were very odd today. I'd be against bringing on Manquillo at any time but to move Yedlin in to centre half was unusual. I guess Rafa wasn't worried about his opposite number beating him in the air and his pace to cover Traore would have been useful. Getting sent off there was senseless, even if they had scored there was loads of time left but there was a lot left to do between giving the ball away and sticking it away. Gah.

I also didn't understand bringing Kenedy on when Ritchie is playing a left back. Surely you put Dummett on and push Ritchie to LW? Nobody would have complained at that I don't think with there being just a few minutes left. Atsu was good but like Rondon he was shagged by the end so I'm not surprised he was withdrawn.

Diame was a total disaster on the ball as usual and Ki was ok but not as good as he has been. Rondon was excellent, unfortunately Perez is too used to playing with Joselu and doesn't get near enough to him for any flick ons. But generally, Rondon's hold up play gets us up the field and we're a better side with him in it. I don't think he's a particularly natural goal scorer but it doesn't matter who our striker is, we don't exactly make dozens of chances for them anyway. So if he's able to hold it up and not be an active hinderance he's well ahead of some of his colleagues.

Lascelles was poor today, he's not comfortable in a three and certainly not on either side. I think him, Schar and Fernandez is probably our best bet in a three, though Clark is a reasonable option in certain games. I've rarely seen Lejeune in a three but I don't see it being a problem for him however it's not fair on the lad to throw him in just now having been out for so long. If Fernandez is out, I wouldn't be against Dummett coming in on the left side of the three and sticking with Ritchie as a left wing back next weekend. At least that way they can change during the game to a 4 without making a sub. I'm already dreading Manquillo, he just offers so little. At least he'll be on his natural side which, to be fair to him, we haven't really seen very much.

Final word to the idiot Wolves fan who threw a bottle of beer down into the Newcastle fans during the celebrations on their first goal. It hit a kid of about 8 or 9 so I hope they're proud of themselves. Thankfully the bottle wasn't glass and it didn't hit him full on so he was fine but hopefully whoever threw it gets dealt with.

Accidental contact, what a load of shit. If I accidentally make contact with my leg and trip someone up when they're going to the ball is that ok?

Gallagher will do the same tmrw. They had the wolves manager giving his thoughts on the decision but no nufc rep. Then they conveniently asked Mackem waddle about the sending off but totally fuck all about the pen

Accidental contact, what a load of shit. If I accidentally make contact with my leg and trip someone up when they're going to the ball is that ok?

Exactly. A trip is a trip. A foul is a foul. Intentional or not.

Guest neesy111

I'm sorry like... Kennedy is not to blame for that goal. Lascelles ushering their player into our penalty area from 20 yards outside of it was. Just fucking foul him for christ sakes.

:thup:

I'm sorry like... Kennedy is not to blame for that goal. Lascelles ushering their player into our penalty area from 20 yards outside of it was. Just fucking foul him for christ sakes.

Even Ki could have clipped his heel and took a tactical yellow.

The goalscorer sprinted passed Kenedy though which was very poor.

Even Ki could have clipped his heel and took a tactical yellow.

The goalscorer sprinted passed Kenedy though which was very poor.

He did, but there were so many opportunities for that attack to be stopped dead, he probably expected it to be fine... as I did until I realised Lascelles was marshalling him into the area for a free shot.